I seem to be getting notification to emails I have not sent.

Customer Question
I have a link my...
I seem to be getting notification to emails I have not sent. I have a link my boss sent back to me can you help tell me what I should do..
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Ed, Computer Tech replied 8 years ago
Ed
Ed, Computer Tech

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX thanks for using JustAnswer. I will try to help you.

Please press the Ctrl key and the D key at the same time and the Add to bookmark this so you can get back here in case you need more help related to this.

Sounds like a spammer is using your email address to send out spam. There is nothing you can do to stop it. Most of them are in foreign countries with no laws regarding this. Hopefully it doesn't get passed around. If too many people receive spam from your address they will start to block it and add it to blacklists and eventually even mail you send will end up getting blocked. At this point you will need a new email address.

I have the link will it help if I send it to you?

OK. Just paste it into a reply.

http://gorucyjewyfoj.chat.ru/

Here it is..Thank you..Let me know what you find out and if I need to do anything else..Thanks again

That is a standard spammer type site. They make money off referrals and don't care a bit about you. The original link is from Russia and the site referred to is in Canada. Neither one is going to do anything to help you. The email was probably send to thousands of people. If its a one time thing then you can just ignore it. If the links change to different products then you need a new email address. Sorry I don't have a better solution for you but this is the reality of spam.

Thank you so much for your help