I have an Ipod touch and am having problems synching with my…

Customer Question
I have an Ipod touch...
I have an Ipod touch and am having problems synching with my Itunes on Windows 7,
I have restored my Ipod, I have downloaded the latest version of I tunes 9.2.
I have had this problem before and all of a sudden it will work. I have tried for a couple days with no luck. I have gotten many error messages.

Can you help me?

Perry Smith [email protected]
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Ok, please follow ALL the steps below in order to uninstall and reinstall itunes :-)

1- Restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

2- Go to Start, Control Panel, Uninstall programs, and uninstall the following apps:
-Bonjour
-Apple Mobile Device Support
-Apple Software Support
-iTunes
-QuickTime

3- Then restart the computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

4- Now go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/download, download and install iTunes again.

Your data will not be deleted.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

I did what you suggested and it still does not work.

Perry

Can I have the EXACT error message, please ?

Thank you
I have gotten many errors. After doing what you suggested it told me that I had to restore the Ipod. I tried to do that and it stopped my wireless mouse and keyboard from working. The error i have now is "ipod could not be restored. An unknown error occured. (3002)

Wow, that's weird. iTunes has nothing to do with your mouse or keyboard.

So, how are you typing now ? Is the keyboard working ?

Let's check if you have malware on your computer:

Download and run Malware Bytes from here:
http://wikisend.com/download/568156
(click the "Download file" button)

Malmare Bytes it is a FREE application if used at home. Do not click the "Purchase" button

Run it and delete all the malware it may detect

Then restart your computer BUT PLEASE FIRST BOOKMARK THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART.

Thank you

John Cappucci

I ran the Malware program you recomended and there were no threats.

What next?

How are you typing now ? Is the keyboard working ?

Yes It was my wireless keyboard and mouse that are connected to my laptop via USB. When it was not working I was using the keyboard and touch pad on my laptop. All I had to do was restart my laptop. Each time it stopped.

Perry

I am sorry but I am out of ideas. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

Thank you
Tech Support Specialist: Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer replied 8 years ago
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Hello. I was reviewing this thread and wanted to make a suggestion.

I believe the issue is your iPod drivers were interrupted when installing or your iPod's ID was corrupted when communicating with iTunes.

When you attempted the iPod Touch restore, did you do a DFU restore or did you just plug it in and restore?

If you did not do a DFU restore, I would like to suggest a DFU restore.

This can be done by hooking up your iPod Touch to your PC, opening iTunes, and then press and holding the Power and Home keys until your screen goes black (do not let go). Keeping holding for 4 second after the screen goes black, then release only the Power button (keep holding the Home button) until you get a notice on your PC in iTunes that your device is in Recovery mode.

From here, hit the Restore button in iTunes and allow your device to Restore to factory.

Upon restore, resync your music/apps and see if you have the same issue.

Please update me on the results.
Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer

I did the DFU restore I got the following errors.The Ipod Perry's Ipodcannot be synced. The device timed out., Then An error occured while writing to the device, then An unknowned error occured (13014)

Then it synced and the applications are working.

Do I need to worry about the errors?

Perry

If it worked, no. But try to sync again, just to see if you get the errors.

If you do, see if you can see the details of the errors, and let me know what they are.