My bookmark system disappeared from the browser. I want to…

Customer Question
My bookmark system disappeared from...
My bookmark system disappeared from the browser. I want to get it back. I have just this minute updated Firefox to 3.6.6. Bookmark system still gone.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

If your bookmarks are missing from the Toolbar but can be found in the Bookmarks sidebar (Ctrl/Cmd+B).
Make sure that the Bookmarks Toolbar is displayed. Go to "View -> Toolbars" and, if "Bookmarks Toolbar" does not have a check mark, click on it to select the toolbar.

Go to "View -> Toolbars -> Customize" and make sure that the "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" icon appears on the Firefox toolbar, as shown here. If the "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" icon is missing from the toolbar, drag the "Bookmarks" icon from the "Customize Toolbar" window to the Bookmarks toolbar. Note: There may be two different "Bookmarks" icons in the "Customize Toolbar" window; the other one is a Star and was introduced in Firefox 3 is for the Bookmarks sidebar (same as using Ctrl/Cmd+B.

If still you do not find them, please do let me know.

If get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
I don't understand your answer. And I have not yet submitted any feedback or rating.
There is no Toolbar on my browser. Why not? How can I do any of this stuff in your reply without a toolbar.

And this Bookmarks sidebar, where is that? And how do I enter (Ctrl/Cmd+B)? And where do I enter it?

Well, I went to View in the file system (there is no such thing on the browser) and tried to do the things you suggested. I went to customize under Toolbars and found no Firefox or Mozilla bookmarks icon to drag anywhere.

This is all disappointing. I did receive a receipt so I see you got paid. Congratulations.
I did not leave any feedback whatsoever, but I received a notice that I had left positive
feedback. Congratulations on that, as well, even though it's not true.

Well, so much for asking the experts, paying the fee and getting an answer that does absolutely nothing.
I apologize for any kind of inconvenience and will help you from the scratch again. I will provide you step by step instructions.

1. Please open Mozilla firefox.
2.Now, click link View at the top. Click Toolbar. Please check if you see a check mark in front of Bookmark Manager. If not, please click on it.
Now, I will give you next steps if this does not help. We will keep on communicating with each other and fix it now.
Can't do that. I have searched for "view" on the browser. Can't be found. No such thing.
Please lauch mozilla firefox, A the top left hand side corner(besides X mark), please right click on mouse and left click on the Menu bar.

Please check the screenshotsgraphic
No X mark no menu bar
Please click Menu Bar once there and you will see a link BookMarks at the top.
Sandy,

Again, there just is no X. There is no Menu Bar. I simply cannot click on anything that is not there. I mean, if these things were still there there would be no problem. They left or disappeared when the bookmarks system and the toolbar disappeared.
Launch Mozilla Firefox.

Please hold down the Alt Key and hit F key. Now, right click on the Mouse immediately and hit Menu Bar. Now, right click on File again and hit Navigation Bar(if you do not see any check mark in front of this), Now, right click on File again and click Bookmarks Toolbar again.
Hi, Sandeep,

I held down the Alt key and then hit F key. Right clicked on the mouse immediately and here's what appeared in the drop down:

New Window
New Tab
Open Location
Open File
Close Window
Close Tab
--------------
Save page as
Save Frame as
Send Link
--------------
Page Setup
Print Preview
Print
--------------
Import
--------------
Work Offline
Exit

No Menu bar appearede for me to hit on. I did all this a number of times with the same result.

After sending back my last report I kept trying, puzzled by he fact Menu Bar did not appear. I highlighted each of the selections which did appear, however, right clicking again on each. No results until I highlighted Save Page as and right clicked. That brought up another drop down menu which included the three you mentioned. They all had clicks in front of them. So then I unclicked each, one at a time and then repeated the process adding the check mark back in. And now I have the bookmarks menu on the toolbar, again, and for that matter have the toolbar back.

So far so good. Now I will close and restart the computer and bring up the browser and see what appears..
Good, please restart the computer.
Computer restarted. Bookmarks back in place. You earned your $18. And so did I.

Thanks
congratulations. Your issue is fixed. If you have any issue, please contact us any time.

Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed. Bonus would be highly appreciated.
Feedback is positive. I presume this is where I leave that fact.
Thank you so much. Bonus would be highly appreciated.