Hello, I have a Canon PIXMA MX700. It is giving me the error…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a Canon PIXMA...
I have a Canon PIXMA MX700. It is giving me the error code 6A80 on the digital screen.
I have tried to turn it off, unplug it and turn it on, again, but the error code continues to show up. What can I do, now?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer

Hi and Welcome to

Please follow the steps below:

Issue: Paper is jammed inside the printer

Solution: Removing paper jams MX700

Paper Jams

Cause

Action

Paper jammed in the paper output slot, the Rear Tray, or the Front Tray.

Remove the paper following the procedure below.

(1) Slowly pull the paper out, either from the paper source or from the paper output slot, whichever is easier.

View Full Image

(A) When printing from the Rear Tray
(B) When printing from the Front Tray

View Full Image
If the paper tears and a piece remains inside the machine, open the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover) and remove it.

After removing all paper, close the Scanning Unit (Printer Cover), turn the machine off, and turn it back on.

* Be careful not to touch the components inside the machine.

View Full Image
If you cannot pull the paper out, turn the machine off and turn it back on. The paper will be ejected automatically.

(2) Reload the paper in the machine, and press the OK button on the machine.

If you turned off the machine in step 1, all print jobs in queue are canceled. Reprint if necessary.

View Full Image
Note

View Full Image
When reloading the paper in the machine, confirm that you are using the correct paper and are loading it into the machine correctly.

View Full Image
A5-sized paper are suited to print documents consisting mainly of text. We do not recommend using such paper to print documents with photos or graphics, since the printout may curl and cause paper exit jams.

If you cannot remove the paper or the paper tears inside the machine, or if the paper jam error continues after removing the paper, contact your Canon service representative.

Landscape credit card-sized paper jammed inside the machine.

Do not load credit card-sized paper in landscape orientation.

Slowly pull out the paper from the Rear Tray and remove it.

If you cannot remove the jammed paper or the paper jam error continues after removing the paper, contact your Canon service representative.

Paper jammed inside the machine at the transport unit.

1. Push the rear cover tab to the right and pull out the rear cover.

View Full Image

2. If you can see the jammed paper, remove it gently.

View Full Image

Note : Avoid touching the inner parts. If you cannot pull out the paper, turn off the machine and turn it on again. The paper will be ejected automatically.

3. Insert the protrusions of the rear cover into the slots at the rear of the machine and press the tab to attach the rear cover.

View Full Image

4. Turn on the machine and confirm that the Alarm lamp is turned off.

5. Load paper to resume printing.

Top of Page

The last extension segment of the Output Tray Extension is standing upright.

When printing on Legal-sized paper, do not set the last extension segment of the Output Tray Extension upright

Edited by lifesaver on 6/28/2010 at 6:16 PM EST