my hp lap top will not start up there is just a black scre…

Customer Question
my hp lap top will...
my hp lap top will not start up there is just a black screen
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Aziz, Computer Operator replied 8 years ago
Aziz
Aziz, Computer Operator
Here are some steps to do: -

remove battery pack(if you can romove memory ram aswell) and wait 10 mins

-now start charging laptop without battery pack for 2 mins

-unplUg the power AND press and hold the power button for 45 seconds

-REPLUG THE POWER CABLE BUT DONT PUT THE BATTERY PACK YET

NOW OPEN THE LID WIDER YOU CAN PRESS POWER BUTTON YOU WILL SEE YOUR SYSTEM WILL START ONCE YOUR SYSTEM BE READY SHUT IT DOWN PUT THE BATTERY PACK BACK AND CONTUNUE TO USE YOUR LAPTOP

Thanks

Edited by Aziz on 6/28/2010 at 5:52 PM EST
it is still not staring up still black sreen
have you checked any other external monitor?

Thanks
wen it shut down i had a blue screen with yellow writing on it the only bit i had chance to read said there was a problem and window is shutting down and since then i all im getting is a black sreen
sorry then i am out opinion let me opt to allow other expert solve your problem....

Thanks
Tech Support Specialist: DRobertson, Consultant / Technician replied 8 years ago
DRobertson
DRobertson, Consultant / Technician

Hi and thanks for writing us here at JustAnswer.com. Please know that to resolve your question may take some back and forth questions and answers. Help us to help you! We are here to help and will do our best to resolve your issue; we are not here to just make money. Also note that we do NOT work for any company and in no way represent them on their products and/or services.

Ok, so I have read the Q&A and there are things that the previous Expert was doing that we need to complete. These will be able to help us know what type of issue we are working with. Even if we cannot get the issue resolved, at least we will have an ideal what the issue is.

The big one is to check with an external monitor on the unit. This would tell us if this issue is the LCD screen gone out or more.

Also, when you turn on the unit, please make sure to let me know any sounds or lights. Especially any beeps.

Also, does the unit actually stay on, just no screen. Does it seem like the unit is starting normal other then no display?

Let me know the answer to all of these and we can proceed.

wen i turn it on there is no bleeps also i can see the srcreen flashes for a split second wen i turn it off again.there is no noise from it at all the last thing i saw was a blue screen with loads off writing on it in yellow

Ok, thanks for the info and such. Good job!

I am thrown by the blue screen with yellow. The Stop Error screen (BSOD) will be blue with white writing on it.

It sounds like the screen is actually working normally, and thats why the flash when you turn it off.

Here is something else I want you to let me know how it does. It is important, but my sound weird. Hold down, with the unit off, the Space Bar, and keep held down while you turn on the unit. Keep down for a count of 30 or until you hear beeps. Let me know which happened first.

i counted to 30 first no sound

Ok, thank you!

So what we know, from the basic test and such, is that the LCD is probably working. No BIOS, hard drive, or BIOS beeps. The system is also not responding to stick key errors.

I am assuming the only light you do get is the power light when you turn on the unit. Maybe a sound from the fan. Otherwise no response.

Seems to be a motherboard issue. Of course I cannot be totally for sure without being there first hand, but I would say I am about 80% sure right now.

make sure no external hardware is connected and try again. if no response, then this only adds to the MB being this issue.

Also, if the CD unit will open by pressing the button, then this adds to the MB being out.

I apologize there is not an easier or less expensive resolve to this issue, but we are looking at a MB needing to be replaced.

I am here to answer any more questions you may have this and happy to answer. Thank you and God bless!