How long does microsoft store conversations done on their msn…

Customer Question
How long does microsoft store...
How long does microsoft store conversations done on their msn system ?
Is it possible to get hold of a msn-conversation done in september -08 ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Taxtom,
 replied 8 years ago
Taxtom

Hello, Here is a link and shows archives http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/ back to 2005. It is possible that the conversation may have had to been saved to view in archives. Thanks Tom Please click accept

Do microsoft store anyting regarding msn-logs or not?
Tech Support Specialist: lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer

Hi and Welcome to

I am sorry to say this but Microsoft doesn't store any of the conversations for legal reasons.

If your Message History is tuned on History is saved on the computer you're using at the time in .xml files that cna be viewd using notepad or any web browser.

In MSN Messenger select the Tools menu, Options... menu item, and then the Messages tab. At the bottom of the dialog is an item labeled: Message History. Select it and your conversations will be recorded in the directory listed in the box below

IFMessage History is enabled you can find your conversation in Sept 08 in the directory.Else you are out of luck.

Hope this clarifies your doubts,

lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer