I have an Acer Aspire Z Series. I have loaded a borrowed disc…

Customer Question
I have an Acer Aspire...
I have an Acer Aspire Z Series. I have loaded a borrowed disc with photos on a can not get the disc back out.When you press the button to unload the disc it sounds like it is trying but to no avail.It then brings up the autoplay window with options. Help!
Thanks Andy
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: pims, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
pims
pims, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi wellcome to just answer,

please shutdown ur computer and start again. when the computer is start press cdrom ejct button ur problem is solved.

Please Click on ACCEPT Button If It solved Your Problem ..POSITIVE Feedback And A BONUS Will Be Highly Appreciated ..Thank You ..

Still will not reject disc. Any other suggestions
Tech Support Specialist: Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst

Start the Computer>

Click on Start(left bottom of the screen)>

Click Computer>

Right click on the CDROM icon>

Choose eject.

If that fails, let me know, I will give you procedure of manually removing the disc from the drive using a pin.

Edited by Tech Specialist on 6/28/2010 at 10:49 AM EST
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst
Hi again. It tried to eject but an error box came up
What is the error message?
The error message reads an error occurred while ejecting''DVD RW drive (E:) june 12 2010'
In the cdrom there will be a small hole, check for it?

I can not see a pin hole . Is it near the opening or at the rear ?

It will be near the cdrom on the computer.
I can see pin holes on my old computer CD Rom's that you are talking about , but this Acer with the CD-rom built into the monitor does not seem to have a pin hole.
What is the model number of the z series?
Aspire Z5610
Seems like this model has this problem in common. I reviewed and found some old data related with the similar type of case in the past(with the exact model), the computer was delivered with a faulty hard drive. If the computer is new, I will strongly suggest to talk to Acer and get a replacement of the computer as it may cause problems in future even if we get the cdrom to open now. Let me know, if you have further questions or doubts.
Thank you very much for you time and help.I will take your advice. Much appreciated. Andy Laundon

Thanks Andy, get back to me in case any further help needed. Do leave me a feedback, if you like.

Thanks again and have a great day! Smile