how to retrieve lost e-mails from OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: LeGin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
LeGin
LeGin, Computer Hardware Engineer

You can use the following tool.

http://www.recover-outlook-email.com/

Thanks
Relist: By not pointing me to a software purchase use to solve the problem. I've already done several of those..
By not pointing me to a software purchase use to solve the problem. I've already done several of those.
Tech Support Specialist: Nick, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Nick
Nick, Consultant
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer My name is XXXXX XXXXX other Experts and I are working on your answer.
Can you please tell me roughly how long ago you noticed the emails were missing and have you received any mails since noticing ??

I noticed that I had several e-mails that just "disappeared." Wasn't a case of having deleted them. Some I had deleted and have been trying to retrieve them. Help!

Ok here goes I cannot guarantee you will get them back but this might just work.
You need to download Free Undelete and point it to the folder that holds your Outlook Express Data files which will be something like this C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{777109AB-CCF2-41F0-8642-3CE3DDE6722A}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

You can find out exactly which folder it is by Opening Outlook Express then clicking on "Tools" and selecting "Options" then clicking on the "Maintenance" Tab the click on "Store Folder" then highlight and copy the store location into Free undelete. If there are any deleted DBX files it should find them and you can then rename your old .DBX file and copy the old one to there and then open Outlook Express again and you should find them
Please let me know if this works for you