My laptop is a Compaq Presario V3000 which I purchased in Dec…

Customer Question
My laptop is a Compaq...
My laptop is a Compaq Presario V3000 which I purchased in Dec 2006. It is running very slow..
The Plug In is more often than not unresponsive....Incredimail takes 1/2hr to come up and I often receive the same email 2 or 3 times.
Chrome also requires to be restored each time as it states it hasnt shut down properly.

Are you please able to help me fix these problems.

Regards
Sharon
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/28/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Magic C., IT/Network Engineer replied 8 years ago
Magic C.
Magic C., IT/Network Engineer
From what you are telling me, it sounds like your computer may be infected with malware/viruses (malicious software). What I recommend is to follow these instructions:

1. Press the F8 button repeatedly when you start your computer until you see the option "Windows Advanced Boot Options" or something similar.
2. Press the down or up arrow until Safe Mode with networking is highlighted, then press Enter twice.
3. Click Start > Run, then type iexplore -extoff in the box that appears and click OK.
4. When Internet Explorer opens, go to the following website:

http://www.malwarebytes.org

5. Click the Download Here button on the left side of the page.
6. Save the file to your Desktop and rename it to something random like wMBAM.
7. Double-click the file on your Desktop to install the software.
8. Change the installation folder to C:\MB during the setup (it will ask you where to install during the installation)
9. BEFORE clicking Finish, go to the installation folder (C:\MB) and rename the file mbam to iexplore.
10. Uncheck the "Update" and "Run" options, then click Finish.
11. Click Start > My Computer, then navigate to the installation folder: Local Disk C: > MB.
13. Double-click on the renamed file that you did in step 9.
14. Click the Update tab, then click "Check for Updates".
15. Click the Scan tab, click the dot next to Full Scan, then click Start Scan.
16. After the scan completes, click Remove All.
17. Click the Quarantine tab, then click Delete All.
18. Restart your computer: Start > Turn off Computer > Restart.

Your computer should now be clean of malware. I also recommend doing a full virus scan with Microsoft Malware removal Tool which can be gotten from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad724ae0-e72d-4f54-9ab3-75b8eb148356&displaylang=en

If you are unable to run these scans, download the needed software to another computer, then burn it to a CD or copy it to a flash drive using the same steps so you can then use it on the infected computer.

It's very possible you may have what's known as an "e-mail worm". What they do is track to your login information and uses your e-mail account to spread spam to people in your contact list.

Let me know what the malware scan finds and removes. There may be additional tools that must be used to remove additional pieces of malware.
ok I giving it a GO now. Will get back to u when I have followed thru
Surely. I'll be right here when you return.