I want to get the popups that say Juno Turbo is not working…

I want to get the...
I want to get the popups that say "Juno Turbo is not working" off of my computer. In my programs list I have Juno 5.1.83 and Juno Internet. Can I get the popup off without deleting my Juno desktop page by deleting either one of these?
6/27/2010
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

I assume you are using Internet Explorer to access your Juno emails?

Regards
I assume not because when I get the popups saying that Juno Turbo couldn't connect to the internet I just click on my Juno icon and then it DOES go through Internet Explorer which always works just fine.
In that case, you may safely remove both of the Juno applications in the Control Panel. Just to be safe, right-click and copy the Juno desktop icon, and paste it in another location for the time being, so that you can retrieve it if the original icon gets deleted.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Thanks for your answer. I just uninstalled Juno Onlline and the icon stayed and no problem. However, when I tried to uninstall Juno 5.1.83 I was told by the popup that I would have to close Juno before I could uninstall it. This makes me wonder if this is the critical program to use my Juno email.
Just to clarify, are you sure you are using Internet Explorer to access your Juno email, and not the Juno software itself?

Regards
I'm not sure. How would I tell?
At the very top of your email screen, what's specified? Is it Internet Explorer?

Regards
When I'm on Juno it's Juno.com. When I'm on the internet as I am now it's Internet Explorer.
I see; then, simply go ahead and uninstall the Juno software accordingly.

PS - If you can't uninstall it normally, restart your computer and tap down the F8 key at bootup, and select Safe Mode. Boot into your user account that way, and uninstall it in that mode itself.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards
I backed up all of my Juno files and everything is deleted. Now I need to know how to reinstall it. The Windows (I guess) icon which appeared tells me that "there are no backups on this computer". The JunoBackup icon which appeared asks if I want to open or save but will let me do neither. When I did the backup it said to go to the Back Up Wizard and type in C\users\Sandy Hastings\Desktop\JunoBackup jbk.
You will have to reinstall Juno first, before carrying out the restore; you may download it using the following link:
http://my.juno.com/s/download

Done that, let me know.

Regards

Thank you for being so impatient. I reinstalled Juno but I still can't restore my files. I have a file labeled "JunoBackup" on the Downloads screen but still cannot open or save it. How do I get it back in the Juno desktop page?

Please carry out the following steps in Juno, in order to restore your backup:

1. To start the wizard, click the Windows Start button and select Programs.
  2. Select Juno, then click Juno Backup Wizard.
  3. On the Welcome to the Juno Backup Wizard screen, click Restore.
  4. On the Restore screen that appears, select the appropriate file location (this will be the location where you backed up your files previously).
  5. If you have more than one backup file in the location you selected, a screen will appear so you can select the file you want to restore.
  6. Click Next.
  7. Select the copy of Juno you want to restore and click Next.
  8. Select the user accounts and click Next. (At this point, you should have already imported each account that you want to restore onto the computer.)
  9. Select the set of data that you wish to restore.
  10. If you are restoring more than one user account and want to restore the same set of information for each user, select the check box next to Restore the same data for each subsequent user. To restore a different set of information for each user, clear this check box.
  11. Click Next to complete the restoration process.
  12. Click Finish to exit the wizard.
IT WORKED! My email is up and running again. Thanks so much for your excellent help, B. Rath. I would very much like to give you an excellent rating but I seem to have lost that page when I left the computer for awhile. Can I get it back?
I see you have already left a positive feedback for me ..thanks!

Regards