my acer wont stay on keeps shutting itself off

Customer Question
my acer won't stay on...
my acer won't stay on keeps shutting itself off
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Satchi, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Satchi
Satchi, Computer Software Engineer
Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

After you have reinstalled by ALT + F10

You are facing same problem ?

After how much time it shut off

Thanks & Regards

Satchi
no it started after i reinstalled windows
Have you tried ALT + F10 to do factory restore again
doing that now
Yes

DO that to become sure it not due to windows problem
still not staying on
Okay

If it is not staying ON How did you performed the factory restore process ?

or during the restore process it shut off
it shut off during the restore
Okay

After how much time ?

Can you check underneath of laptop ..Is it very warm ?
2 or 3 mins and yes it's warm
It seems like processor overheat ....

Please try to operate in a cool place

Purchase the cooling pad from below and use it with the laptop

http://www.amazon.com/DataStor-UNBCPX-Three-Fan-Notebook-Cooling/dp/B000FFIJRQ

If the problem persists then the thermal paste on the processor needs replacement

how much does that cost?
Yes

Cooling pad cost around 15 USD

and the thermal paste around 5-10 USD
where do i get this paste from and is it something i can do myself or do i have to take it to the geek squad?
No To apply thermal paste on the processor .,you need to disassembly the laptop to access processor

So better to take to geek squad
well that's gonna cost atleast $70 to start with...and then whatever they charge to do it. I have it on a cooling pad now and it doesn't seem to help. Does it matter if the computer was always left on?
No You can always keep it ON

But you should give rest to the processor atleast 1-2 hrs
what do you mean give it rest?
I mean to shut down for 1-2 hrs in a day
so you shouldn't leave it on all the time then?
Yes ...

But there is no proof that 24 hrs power ON causes any problem if operted in cool place ....

Just for safety I told you to give rest for 1-2 hrs daily
ok I understand...could you answer one more ting for me please...how do you get the touch pad to work?
Yes

Once you install windows the touchpad will work automatically as there is no extra driver required for touch pad

If the touch pad locked then try

Fn + F7 or F8

if not worked then try Fn + F[1--12] ky combos to unlock touch pad
thanks..F7 worked..I put it on a universal cooling pad that i had vacuumed the exhaust fan and it seems to be staying on..thanks for all your help.
You are most welcome anytime ....

Thanks for your patience