The other night, an automatic update came in. Afterward, the…

Customer Question
The other night, an automatic...
The other night, an automatic update came in. Afterward, the computer shutdown and would not start back up. At first, when I pressed the power button it would turn green. Soon after, it only turned yellow. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: namstech, Electrical Engineer replied 8 years ago
namstech
namstech, Electrical Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer!

What is the make and model of your computer?

Do you get anything on the display when you turn it on?

Gateway 700S PC. No, the computer will not power up to even see a display.

Have you checked if the monitor is properly connected to the computer and is powered up.
Yes, the monitor is NOT the problem! The computer ie. the tower, the box, the CPU will not power up. Without the CPU powered up it is impossible to get a display on the monitor.