forget password for content advisor.as a resuly cannot browse…

Customer Question
forget password XXXXX content advisor.as...
forget password XXXXX content advisor.as a resuly cannot browse the internet
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Erik B., Computer Support replied 8 years ago
Erik B.
Erik B., Computer Support

Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Removing the content advisor password XXXXX XXXXX pretty simple. Please follow the directions below and let me know if you run into trouble!

1) Click on Start and choose Run.
2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.
3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and Policies.
5) Now click on the Ratings folder.

6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key. Click on it and press Delete.
7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.
8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.
9) Click on Tools -> Internet Options.
10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.