I have spent three days trying to publish an instructional…

Customer Question
I have spent three days...
I have spent three days trying to publish an instructional video for an online class. When I publish 141 slides, the output jumps to the last 20 orl so slides. How can I avoid this problem and have a complete video?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: tekbabe, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
tekbabe
tekbabe, Computer Support Specialist
Hello

What application have you used to make the video

Thanks, TB
Adobe Captivate 3

I researched out an instructional manual on this application, check the specs of your laptop. Do you ever get errors regarding resources.
Are you saving this project onto a CD / DVD / external harddrive / online, etc.

This may be a resource issue.

Please let me know, Thanks, TB

Tthere is no maximum number of slides allowed in an Adobe Captivate project.
The number of slides depends on the amount of RAM you are using. Some projects created on a 256 MB computer have had more than 300 slides. There is also no limit on MP3 size for audio in slides.

By default, projects are set to 30 frames per second. Therefore, a caption that appears for 1 second requires 30 frames. Dividing the number of frames in a project by 30 gives you the number of seconds the project plays.
There is an easy way to see how many frames are in an Adobe Captivate project.
To determine how many frames are in a project:
1 Open an Adobe Captivate project.
2 In Storyboard view, the number for Slides corresponds to the number of frames.
This still does not tell me why I am not getting an output of all the slides when I publish. I get the first slide and then the video skips to within about 10 slides at the end. I have tried everything I can think of. I have never had this problem with any other Captivate video I have produced.<br /><br />I just solved my own problem.  The properties were not on "go to next slide" selection.  Everything works fine now.<br /><!--Session data-->
good to hear....thanks for the update
I should be paid for helping you! At least I got to the bottom of things.
Thanks for trying us, I am glad it worked out for you.