I am trying to install office free triall. Installation was…

Customer Question
I am trying to install...
I am trying to install office free triall. Installation was completed. It is now asking for an OEM. How do I find that ( I did go to website given and got the word mana) but cannot enter it on the start screen
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Renju, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Renju
Renju, Computer Software Engineer
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Which version of Microsoft Ofice trial have you installed ?

Can you post me the entire message that you get regading OEM ?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

I was trying to install the free Micorsoft Office that was on my computer when I purchased it.

How do I send the information regarding the Oem. ? After installation is completed and you hit continue, it asks for the oem. It also gives you a website to go to in order to know what the code should be. I did that and it showed a box ith mana in it. When I tried to enter that, it would not let me enter anything.

If you are trying to install the Microsoft Office from a DVD that was provided along wiht your computer, then you will most probably have the OEM serial number on the DVD label itself. Check it.

I am not installing from a DVD. The free trial was on my computer. I did all the things to install and received a message that it had been in stalled. I then got a screen asking for the oem. I then went to www.microsoft.com/office/pctral2007, that is when I got the oem code of mana. When I tried to enter mana where I was asked for the oem code I could not enter anything.

Which version of Microsoft Office are you trying to install ?

Do you mean to sat that you are not able to type "Mana" in the space for OEM code ?

Could you take a screen shot of this OEM window and upload it at www.wikisend.com
so that I can take a look at it

I am trying to install 2007l trial microsoft office. I have had a message to tell me that it has been installed. When I get to the get started screen is when I am asked for an oem code. For some unknown reason I cannot get back to that screen. When I logged into Microsoft Office last evening I could get an excel spreadsheet.

If it is this difficult to get a trial package up and running, I am wondering if I want bo but the real package.

Usually OEM codes are required to activate the Microsoft office that comes already installed along with your computer.

If you are able to open Microsoft Word amd Microsoft Excel without getting any prompt for entering code, then you are good to go. Once the trial period expires, it will ask you buy the full version.

Are you able to open Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel normally now ?

Renju
Renju, Computer Software Engineer

Why did you leave a negative feedback for me !!! ? Frown

You dont have have to accept an answer always, you must click ACCEPT only if your problem has been solved.

Even after accepting an answer, You could keep on posting your doubts here and I will help you till I fix this problem.

Now, I have requested for a refund of your money .

Edited by Renju on 6/28/2010 at 2:11 PM EST

If I gave you a bad feedback I am sorry it was an error on my part. Thankyou for requesting a refund.

As you know my problelm has been turned over to someone new

I have to admit that I am not to happy as to not having this problem resolved. As you know this has been going on for a couple of days.

Again, I am sorry that in gave you a negative feedback.

Is it posible for you to log on to my computer and fix this problem?

I am satisfied with Renu and would like to stay with him. The negative feedback was keyed in error.

I just really want this problem fixed. I have already asked if Renu could log in to my computer and see what is going on.

Its ok. Since you did it unknowingly, i am all OK with it. Smile

Regarding your problem, the policies here at JustAnswer doesn't allow me to connect to your computer or talk to you over the phone.
I know it could have been much better to do it that way. But, unfortunately, it is not allowed.

Now, you have mentioned in your previous response that you were able to open an excel spreadsheet ? Is it correct ?
Can you check if the OEM code message is still coming up when you start Microsoft Excel ?

Edited by Renju on 6/28/2010 at 3:40 PM EST

Renju,

I am so glad you understand a bout my error. I felt so bad.

I tried to log to Microsoft Office and got the get activated screen asking for an oem code. I tried to get the excel worksheet again and nothing happpened.

I know I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

My advice to you is that, whenever you come to JustAnswer or to any online help site, do not agree to pay the expert unless you are satisfied by the response he/she has given. Click ACCEPT only after you have checked if the answer solves your problem. If it doesnt, ask the expert for another solution.

Let us start to concentrate on the problem again.
Please be patient, I may have to ask you a few more questions to understand your problem clearly.

You have said that the Microsoft Office was on your computer when you purchased it.

FYI, Microsoft has released the Microsoft Office 2010 version and are offering support currently for the new version.
The trial version of Microsoft Office 2007 (which was released in 2009) might have got expired and you may not be able to use or activate it now.
But, in that case, I will help you to download a 60 day trial version of the latest Microsoft Office 2010.

Now tell me,
When did you purchase your computer ?
Are you sure if the version of Microsoft Office 2007 you have installed is a trial version ?

Post me your response.

Edited by Renju on 6/29/2010 at 6:03 AM EST

I am finally in and can use both word processing and excel.

Thank you so much and again forgive me for my error!!

Ok.

Finally, we have got it to work. !!!
Thanks for your co operation.
As I have requested for refund, the amount will be re-credited to your account.
If you are willling to pay for my time, you could give me a bonus of your choice and leave me a positive feedback again.

Feel free to come back to us for any future problems.

Regards,
Renju.

Edited by Renju on 6/29/2010 at 3:24 PM EST

Renju,

I am able to get into excel and word!!!!

Thank you again for your help

Good to hear that we have got it working !!!!
Feel free to come back to JustAnswer for any future computer problems.
If you are willling to pay me for my time, you could ACCEPT this answer and leave me a positive feedback.

Regards,
Renju.

Edited by Renju on 6/29/2010 at 4:28 PM EST