My recycle bin has disappeared from my desktop and despite…

Customer Question
My recycle bin has disappeared...
My recycle bin has disappeared from my desktop and despite numerous searches I cannot find it nor get it back. Can you hekp please? Ann Stangar
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Joseph, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Joseph
Joseph, Computer Software Engineer
Please refer this official Microsoft site and fix the issue using the same.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810869

Let me know how it goes.

I think what I have learned from this is that it is not possible to recover deleted items from the recycle bin on the desktop in Windows XP. The only recycle bin which I am able to get on the desktop is the Norton recycle bin linked to my virus protection provider. Am I right to accept that this is the case?

You have an option to restore any file in your recyle bin.

Just right click the File inside your Recyclebin and select Restore.

The deleted file will be restored to the place from where you deleted it.
The trouble is, the only recycle bin on my desktop is the Norton one which doesn't contain any of my work files. I have not managed to reinstate the recycle bin containing my deleted Windows files.
On the Windows desktop, right-click the Recycle Bin icon, and then click Properties.
2
On the Global tab, click Use One Setting for All Drives.
3
On the Recycle Bin tab, click Standard Recycle Bin.
4
In the Title field, type the following text:

Recycle Bin
5
On the Norton Protection tab, select a drive, and then uncheck Enable Protection.

Repeat this step for each drive.
6
Select Also Empty Protected Files.
7
Click OK, and then click OK again.
8
Restart the computer.