Ive been having problems with logging on AIM, it takes longer…

Customer Question
I've been having problems with...
I've been having problems with logging on AIM, it takes longer than it did before and when I finally get on there's no buddy list and a pop up that says your expressions, buddy list and some settings are not available at this time, please try again later. This has been going on for approx a week!!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: RPI Solutions, Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

Do you have a firewall?

Robert Preston :

It sounds like it is blocking AIM from accessing info it needs

Robert Preston :

Try disabling any internet security / firewall you have

Robert Preston :

Then restart and try it

Customer:

I don't have a firewall

Customer:

i have spy doctor and norton

Robert Preston :

Ok try disabling Norton and Spy Doctor

Robert Preston :

Then restart and try again

Customer:

I've disabled both Norton and spy doctor....nothing works..I don't think your answer is worth being paid for!!!!

Customer:

I was bounced back and forth to several techs that really didn't know how to fix my problem.....thanks!!!

Customer:

this is the first time I hear from you since yesterday morning...you'd said that you were gonna send me an email, never got it!!!

Robert Preston :

Um, this is the first time you've gotten back to me since I told you what to do originally.

Robert Preston :

So of course I didn't reply before then.