I am trying to install the trial microsoft office 60 day trial…

Customer Question
I am trying to install...
I am trying to install the trial microsoft office 60 day trial on my new computer. I ran the program and want to input the product key (not go onlline to get it) and I can't type in the letters and numers.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist

hello,

does it ask you to enter the 25 digit product key?

Yes

hello,

which product key do you have?

you typed it, and it said it was wrong?

I have one I received last night...it will not let me type it in the space...nothing appears when I type the letters and numbers and the cursor stays in the same spot.

hello,

it must be 25 digit, in 5 seperate boxes (5x5)

it should be like this:

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

yours is not like this?

yes GDXQM-43YG6-2KJ9V-3C7FW-J82BC

hi,

when you type it, are you getting any error?

No...it won't show the letters and numbers at all..as if I didn't type anything

hello,

can you try COPY and PASTE?

copy from the text, and PASTE it into the box.

I am not understanding what you want me to do

hello sir,

i am out of ideas, let me opt-out now, and redirect this problem to another expert.

if nobody opts-in back, we can continue again.

Regards

I am tired of trying to get this set up................there should be help or free assistance available for your own program without having to wait hours.
Tech Support Specialist: romr2009, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
romr2009
romr2009, Computer Hardware Engineer
vs56rver.

Why bother with Microsoft's copy protection schemes?
Once the free trial period is over, do you want to go through this same problem again?

• The best thing to do is use a free clone of Microsoft Office. It does everything Office does and is free.
  • Click the link below to get OpenOffice.

link

Please click the ACCEPT button to release your deposit so I will be paid my commission. You can also come back to this same question later for follow-up. Thanks.

Romr

Edited by romr2009 on 6/27/2010 at 8:18 PM EST
I have it installed but now that I want to do the set up it requests the pop up comes up for the product code and when I type in the 25 digits it states it is invalid. It is the code on the paper I received on their confirmation.
I did not get any help....only opting out and why do I want to bother with the trial program and have this same problem later. I do not consider that at all helpful. I still am able to use the program 20 times without inputing the code again. It continues to say the product code is invalid when I want to do the configuration. I did not receive any help fromyou...read your responses.
vs56rver.

• If your computer came with a trial version or actual version of Microsoft Office, you need to remove the original version before you can install another version successfully.
  • What is the make/model of your computer?

Romr
I am working...it is a BRAND NEW computer....Hewlett Packard. The ONLY version on there is the trial. This is such a waste of time. I can't just sit in front of my computer and wait for a response. I am a nurse and work away from my home.