For about 4 days I have not received any personal emails.

Customer Question
Why?...
For about 4 days I have not received any personal emails. Why?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sohail, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 years ago
Sohail
Sohail, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hi

Kindly Tel me which email service you are using.Is it yahoo or hotmail.

Regards
I am using hotmail
Tech Support Specialist: Steven R., Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Steven R.
Steven R., Computer Support Specialist

Hello, thank you for using JustAnswer.com!

I have been assisting customers having the same issue. All of the storms over the last week all across the US have caused major problems for Hotmail. many users are still unable to log in to Hotmail. This seems to be a recurring theme with Hotmail, and that is why I no longer have an account with them.

I recommend either:

A) Waiting a day or two until they get it restored, but be prepared for it to happen again

OR

B) If you want a more reliable free email site, I recommend Gmail or Yahoo!

I personally use Gmail as a secondary account to the email provided by my internet service provider.

I hope you found this information useful. If you feel that your answer has been answered satisfactorily, please click "accept."

Thank you for using JustAnswer, and have a great day!

Hi XXXXX the following things and let me know.

* Log into your Hotmail Account
* Add the sender’s email address to your Contacts list
* Click Options
* On the left side of the page, click Mail
* Click Junk E-Mail Protection
* Click Safe List
* Type the sender’s domain, for example glocksoft.com
* Click Add

Once you add the sender to your Safe List, you should be able to receive all email that he sends you.

Note that it can sometimes take a while to receive mail from Hotmail. If after doing the above you still aren’t receiving the email, you should check your basic preferences to make sure you aren’t filtering too much mail. To do this:

* Log into your Hotmail Account
* Click Options
* Click Junk E-Mail Protection
* Click Junk E-Mail Filter
* Make sure your filter is set to low.

Tel me what happens after.Just let me know if you have already tried this so I will suggest somthing else.

Regards
Sohail
Sohail, Computer Hardware Engineer