Hi there,nope didnt work with the Control shift to solve the…

Customer Question
Hi there,nope didnt work with...
Hi there,nope didnt work with the Control shift to solve the problem, if you have any other suggestions would be great. [email protected] cheers
Dean
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Satchi, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Satchi
Satchi, Computer Software Engineer
Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

What is the problem you are facing ?

Thanks & Regards

Satchi

Oh sorry I thought I had got holdof the same person. I have a Toshiba laptop, new. And the @ key and the " key seem to be swapped (Both worked through shift). The last tech here advised that I shouldhold the shift and alt key together, or one after the other,but it has not worked. So keen to see if there is another solution, becasue I was away from my laptop I paid for the last advice.

Cheers

Okay

I will opt out and let the other expert help you
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

I was the one working with you.. I cant see your previous question as it looks like you started a new account..

Could you again tell me the name brand and model of your .. i think it was a toshiba?

Hi yep it is a Toshiba Saatellite. Brand new. It seesm the " key and the @ key have been swapped when using the shift key. I tried the pressing alt and sshift together and then hold one and the other, but it didnt work.

Hope you can help,many thanks. XXXXX tried to use the link to come back to you but it didnt work. Thanks

Dean

You say its brand new..

We could reload the keyboard drivers.. but if its brand new..

Personally .. Id just as soon factory restore it..

that way.. we know everything is in absolute working order.. and we dont spend hours trying to pinpoint what went wrong and where to fix it..

If you want to try that..

shut the computer down..

press and hold 0

dont let go of zero .. not start the computer.. the computer wil start beeping and say loading files.. you may let go of zero

This will factory restore the computer.. It will erase any pictures or files you added..

But it will return it to a brand new state.. Also.. this is good to know in the future.. If something catastropic happens.. you will be able to use this method to recover the computer by your self.. and wont have to pay massive $$ to a computer shop to fix it