My blackberry phone password will not work since I connected…

Customer Question
My blackberry phone password XXXXX...
My blackberry phone password XXXXX not work since I connected with desktop manager. Thisa is the first attempt ot connect with manager since i set up password XXXXX phone. Now when I type password XXXXX shows the actual characters - it did not do this before. I have one more attempt left.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswers.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you with your computer problem.

It is very important to tell you that as you have only one chance left to enter the password, if you fail, all of your personal data will be wiped clean!

Everything on your Blackberry will be deleted and you will have to start again just as if you had bought it from a shop, brand new.

Because of the seriousness of this situation, I will not give you any suggestions without you first indemnifying me for any results caused by a possible full data loss.

Will you do that?

Yes.

Ok let's give this a go

The reason that you are seeing the actual characters when you typed on your Blackberry is that after the 5th attempt, it shows you what you are typing, so that you can make sure you are entering the password XXXXX and not making obvious errors like having the "caps lock" or your password XXXXX upper & lower case letters

Reasons why keys pressed on a computer keyboard when passwords are entered is if a third party password XXXXX software is running on the computer. This software is called a "security key modifier" so when you entered the password XXXXX the keyboard, the characters that actually went in were changed to something else, which then got transferred to your BlackBerry.

If this is not the case on your computer then the other possibility is the caps lock was on.

If none of these situations are correct then there is one last reason this has happened.

When you initially set up your password XXXXX your Blackberry, you chose a few characters like 2639 as an example. However, when you typed them in to the Blackberry, what was going in wasn't the numbers that you wanted.

Rather, it was taking the letters that were on the same keys. If you look at the bottom image you'll see that 2639 are also letters efrc.

So, in the Desktop Manager you typed 2639 which got transferred to your BlackBerry as "2639" & not "efrc".

What I am suggesting is look at your BlackBerry keyboard and choose the letter or number that is on the key you chose as your password XXXXX try that on your BlackBerry.

If you chose numbers as your password XXXXX the letters that are on the keypad & vice versa.

Here's my example:

You initially chose 2639 but BlackBerry recorded it as efrc as it was set to receive letters. This didn't matter because you were pressing the same key that had both symbols on it and you couldn't see it because it was behind stars on your BlackBerry.

So you open Desktop Manager and press 2639 as the password. This gets transferred to your BlackBerry overwriting the efrc. So what you have to try is look at the keys and record the number or letter that is on the password XXXXX that you chose and switch the BlackBerry to record that letter or number.

When you press "2" on your BlackBerry does it record as 2 or e? If one of your password XXXXX ws 2 then change the BlackBerry to let you enter the letter e.

Good luck!

Image courtesy http://bmd900.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/blackberry-post3.jpg

graphic

That sounds plausible, but I had trouble after I attached the blackberry to the desktop manager to download some pictures. It asked me for the password, which is a group od numbers. I punched in the 4 number code, but it would not accept it on the computer. Then it would not accept the number code on the blackberry. Does this still fit your answer.
What version is your BlackBerry software manager please?
5.01

Please try to enter the numbers into the software that are the other characters listed on your phone buttons as we discussed.

Please make sure the connection between your BlackBerry and computer is good and that the contacts are clean.

Try another USB port on your computer

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. You have the latest version but maybe it got corrupted along the way.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/desktop.jsp

Make sure you are running a good anti-malware programme on your computer and I use and personally recommend Microsoft Security Essentials which you can download from

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

Edited by hongkongpom on 6/28/2010 at 9:04 AM EST