I forgot my aol account password....when trying to reset it,

Customer Question
I received this message: We're sorry...
I forgot my aol account password....when trying to reset it, I received this message:
We're sorry. We do not have enough information to reset your password. If you are unable to remember it you will need to create a new Username.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Mickey Trivett, Web Designer & Tech. Consultant replied 8 years ago
Mickey Trivett
Mickey Trivett, Web Designer & Tech. Consultant
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of the experts who will be assisting you today!

Have you tried to reset it as this link states...

http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKCPopup&docType=kc&externalId=219092

Please let me know. Thanks
I have tried to reset the password XXXXX aol suggestions. However; after I finish typing in the code letters, it stops there. AOL tells me it does not have enough information to reset my password (I am not given a chance to answer security questions), and that if I can not remember it, I will need to create a new username. I need the password XXXXX set up email on my iphone...I really don't want to have to create a new user name, which would mean changing my e-mail address.

Please advise....thank you.
Cindy
Is this a free aol account or paid account... please advise. Thanks..
I guess you would call it "free" since I don't pay for it anymore. I have had an aol screen name since it began and paid for it for many years. However; some years back it became free.

Does that make sense?

Thank you,
Cindy
If you have tried the link above, the only thing you have left is to try and call them at(NNN) NNN-NNNNand let them look up your account were you use to pay as they will have information regarding it that they can verify.

You can follow the prompts for your issue on the automated system or try to bypass it by doing the following and get a live person...

Press "0" 6 times until ending up at a recording saying that they needed to pull up my account information.
Then enter "#" 3 times until the recording gives up and they will transfer you to a live person.
You may be able to try this page as well and see if it does anything before calling...

https://account.login.aol.com/opr/_cqr/opr/opr.psp?null