i have a visioneer one touch 5820 usb that is compatable with…

Customer Question
i have a visioneer one...
i have a visioneer one touch 5820 usb that is compatable with windows 98 me 2000 xp. i havent used it in a long time. i recently got a laptop i tried to hook it up it says not compatable the laptop is windows 7. is there anyway to make it compatable.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager replied 8 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Chat Conversation Started
XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Your scanner is considered End of Life and Visioneer does not provide drivers that are compatible with Windows 7. But there is a somewhat lengthy workardound you can try if you are up to it:

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

1. put your cd in the drive don't let it autorun

2. Go to my computer then right click the driver that has your install disk in it

3. Click open

4. Then fine the drivers folder and open it

4. The file you see should be your driver for your scanner the number on this file should be the model # XXXXX your scanner

5. Right click that file then click run as adm. allow any and all pop up's

6. after the install is done restart your computer

7.after the computer reboots go back to my computer and open the driver that has you install disk and open it (do not do auto open) like for this file start32.exe and right click it then click run as adm. allow any and all pop up's (you may see something saying in any one of the steps that the driver or software u are trying to load does not have a signature always click ok, allow, or install. This software is old so it does not have a signature)

8. after the install is done reboot your computer go to control panel and open it look for systems and open it go to device manager open it then look for your scanner it should not be hard to fine it's the one marked with the yellow flag

9. Right that file then go to properties then click on it then go to update driver (do not click driver update software in the same menu with properties) another menu will open up click on update driver it's just below the driver details box

10. Now windows will update your driver when done restart your computer and y should be good to go