The windows are rolling between each other. I now have the…

Customer Question
The windows are rolling between...
The windows are rolling between each other. I now have the "switch between windows" button on at the bottom of my screen tool bar. We can not stop the rolling except by ctrl, alt, delete to exit.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/27/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Brad, Computer Technician replied 8 years ago
Brad
Brad, Computer Technician

What is the version of windows that you are using?

What was the last thing that you did before this started?

Vista on a Dell PC. The last thing I can think of that might effect it was we installed a camera software, Vivitar Vivicam X327, called "Vivitar experience image manager" installer. It also knocked my Phantom slots game out, it would not play. we have since removed the Vivitar soft ware from my PC. The game still will not play! The tool bar at the bottom of the monitor screen now has the "switch between windows" icon on it, was not there before. Some times when the windows are cascading by, keying on the icon will stop it for a moment, but it is going so fast you can not click fast enough to stop it.. The rolling does not happen every time we turn on, about every third time. Thank you very much, Rex Robeson
Try using safe mode that is you press f8 repeatedly when the computer is starting and you select SAFE MODE. and see if the problem is still present. If it is let me know. If it is not, then there is something that is causing this issue and we will need to look at the hardware drivers that are installed. I will need to know the make and model of the computer too.
I have an Inspiron 530s purchased in Aug. 2008. Vista Home Premium version with Service Pack 2 installed. The feature "Switch between Windows" where all open windows drop down to a smaller version cycle through the "cascade" randomly starts and just keep cycling over and over too fast to do anything. I started the computer in Safe Mode but was then unable to do anything.
Tech Support Specialist: Dragonfly, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dragonfly
Dragonfly, Computer Support Specialist

Could you please disconnect the keyboard ans see if the problem continues

IF the above keyboard test does not help, Please tell me what you mean by you are not able to do anything in safe mode. Can you logon? Does the logon screen roll?