Last Weekend fathers day which was June 19th and 20 I accidently…

Customer Question
Last Weekend fathers day which...
Last Weekend fathers day which was June 19th and 20 I accidently deleted some old emails that i didnt want to delete is there anyway to retrieve them
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/26/2010
Tech Support Specialist: RPI Solutions, Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

What did you delete them from?

Robert Preston :

Outlook? Webmail? Who is your provider?

Customer:

Old Emails from my yahoo account they went into trash i thought that i would be able to print them from the trash but they purged themselves... there were messages that i was saving from my daughter

Robert Preston :

I am sorry to say that if you deleted them from your yahoo webmail then there is no way to recover them.

Customer:

no way to get them off of the hard drive

Robert Preston :

No, they are stored on yahoo's servers, not on your hard drive.

Robert Preston :

Assuming you use webmail and not a program like Outlook

Robert Preston :

Even then it would be unlikely you could recover them as they have been deleted

Robert Preston :

Recovery would be very hit or miss and would be missing most of the data at best

Customer:

Im sorry but the answer isnt very helpful i find it hard to believe that there is no one that can help... we put a man on the moon im sure there are ways around this problem... not looking to be a jerk but an answer like yours doesnt take any thought at all . if you have some viable ideas im willing to listen and except the anwser .. thanks

Robert Preston :

Hi

Robert Preston :

If you deleted them from webmail, there is NO WAY to restore them.

Robert Preston :

I'm sorry that's not the answer you want to hear, but it is the ONLY answer to your problem.

Robert Preston :

Now, if you were using Outlook or Thunderbird, it might be a different story.

Customer:

I will accept the answer but i certainly think that it is a cheap way to make a nickle and i could have answered with a simple no myself maybe i should become a tech on just answer so i can say no.. rather than do anything........

Customer:

ps im not satified with the answer

RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Hi.

Not every question has the answer you want to hear. You did not have to accept my answer if you did not want to. I don't lie to my customers, so telling you anything else would have been dishonest.
yeah I know and sometimes life is a bummer, Im sorry for being to critical, they were emails i had been saving deleted them by accident... They were from my daughter who we lost 3 years ago to cancer... Sorry for my attitude please except my apology. Just wamted them back so much... again sorry Gerry B
I'm sorry, that's really tough :( I feel bad about it and really wish I could have helped you. I understand why you felt that way.