I purchased a refurbished HP 3320 Copier/Printer/Scanner.

Customer Question
The people who sold it...
I purchased a refurbished HP 3320 Copier/Printer/Scanner. The people who sold it to me (who generally are reliable, I have used before) this time did not provide a driver disk. I have been to the HP website and I am not sure what drivers to download to get this machine to both print and scan -- or how to install them. Can you help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/26/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

You may download the full feature software and driver package for your model, using the following link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=dj-7057-4&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&os=228&product=75035&sw_lang=

1) Create a new folder on the hard drive ""C:\dj3320""
2) Double click on downloaded file
3) Click ""install"" on the Hp Setup screen
4) Connect USB cable when Looking for new hardware screen appears
5) Click ""Finish"""

Hope it helps.

Regards

I followed these steps to the best of my ability -- the printer appears in the choices of printers when I attempted to print this response page as a test, but nothing printed.

On my desktop is an hp icon with a file name under it "3320-enu-win2k_xp.exe.

I did not put this exe file in the new folder I created on the C drive before I double clicked it to install. Does this matter? I assume so, since now there is nothing in the folder I recreated on my C drive, and I now have multiple folders on my desktop (which are named "animation" "images" "win2k_xp" and a shortcut "3320 printer assistant". What next? I see nothing regarding scanning at all.

I see; you installed the printer correctly. Now, you may use the Windows Scanner and Camera Wizard in order to scan your files instead; in order to do the same, please go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Scanner and Camera Wizard, then follow the on-screen instructions to scan and save the pictures to a location of your choice.

Let me know if this works for you, so that we continue troubleshooting your issue with printing as well.

Regards

I do not understand your answer. I have nothing in the folder you told me to create; I have folders all over my desktop; and the printer does NOT print. Scanning is the issue after this, no?

SHOULD I DRAG THE EXE FILE INTO THE FOLDER ON THE C DRIVE, DELETE THE FILES FROM THE DESKTOP, AND DOUBLE CLICK AND START OVER?

ALSO - SHOULD THE PRINTER BE CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER WHEN I INSTALL THE SOFWARE.

You needn't not copy the exe file anywhere and reinstall, since you have already installed it once earlier. Yes, the printer needs to be connected.

What we are trying to do here is to check if the scanning function works itself, to ensure the device was installed correctly. If it does work, we will move on to the printing issue accordingly.

Regards

This thing just hung my computer and it took all this time for me to get it back up.

I have unintalled the software and dragged the folders which were all over the desktop to the trash.

Should I put the exe file in the c drive folder you had me create, and then double click to try a re-install.

Obviously, something went very wrong with the first install - no printing, stuff all over the desktop, then the freeze.

Okay ..assuming you have already uninstalled the printer driver, please use the following link now, to download and reinstall the printer:
http://tinyurl.com/yv4z3

Let me know how you get on with it.

Regards

I clicked the link. I got to the site. It gives me choices - SAVE or RUN. Which do I choose?

Please click Run, then install the driver accordingly.

Regards

There may be other drivers on here from prior failed attempts. Should I do something about those first, or will this just over-write.

My computer hung after the last attempted installation (not the one above), took me 2 hours to get it up again using diagnostics and a system restore. I still have folders on my desktop from the last failed installation attempt - throw away?

I need some "See Spot Run" directions to make sure I can delete these folders and to tell me what (if anything) else I should do before I try this install above, in terms of getting rid of things left on my computer by the prior install attempts.

Please go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, then remove any instance of your printer installation first, if present. Done that, try installing the driver once again.

Regards