I HAVE A SONY PCG-K30 LAPTOP AND IM TRYING TO USE OUR MITSUBISHI…

Customer Question
I HAVE A SONY PCG-K30...
I HAVE A SONY PCG-K30 LAPTOP AND I'M TRYING TO USE OUR MITSUBISHI 55" PROJECTION TELEVISION MODEL WS-55313 AS AN ADDITIONAL MONITOR. I'VE ATTACHED A CABLE TO THE 15 VGA CONNECTOR ON THE BACK OF THE LAPTOP AND THE OTHER END TO THE MITSUBISHI TO THE DVI CONNECTION. AS FAR AS I CAN TELL THE LAPTOP DOESN'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THE TV SET.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/26/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer replied 8 years ago
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please press FN F4 or FN F5 on your keyboard (it dependes on your computer) to send the signal to the external TV

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not, so we can continue troubleshooting

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort.

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

I EXPLAINED THAT I HAD ALREADY TRIED THE FN F7 AND IT ONLY SHOWS THE LAPTOP ICON ON THE LAPTOP SCREEN. IT DOESN'T SHOW AN OPTION FOR THE NEW MONITOR.

Have you changed the input to DVI on your TV ?

Thank you

John Cappucci

Edited by John Cappucci on 6/26/2010 at 8:29 PM EST
NO I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU COULD.

You should be able to change the INPUT on the TV. Please try pushing the TV/INPUT button or similar on the remote control and let me know if it worked or not.

Thank you!
THE INPUT IS ON MONITOR LINK AND FORMATED AT 480I
Ok, now press FN F7 several times to see if it works

Please let me know
WHEN YOU PUSH THE FN AND F7 IT SHOULD SHOW THREE ICONS ONE FOR THE LAPTOP ONE FOR THE MONITOR AND ONE FOR BOTH THE LAPTOP AND MONITOR. IT ONLY SHOWS THE LAPTOP. WHEN I TRIED A DIFFERENT CABLE CONNECTING TO THE COMPONET CONNECTOR ON THE TV IT SHOWED THE CORRECT ICONS ON THE LAPTOP BUT I GOT A TERRIBLE IMAGE ON THE TV. IT WAS DARK AND IT WAS THREE IMAGES GOING ACROSS THE TV.

1- Please right click the desktop on your computer and select "Properties"

2- Then click the "Settings" tab

3- Click the Screen number "2" (the tv) and adjust the Screen Resolution

Thank you

John Cappucci

I'VE TRIED AND TRIED THIS. IT WILL NOT LET ME CHANGE THE RESOLUTION FROM WHAT IT IS SET AT 1920 X 1200 AND WHEN YOU PUT THE CURSOR ON THE NUMBER 2 SCREEN ABOVE IT SAYS IT IS NOT ACTIVE.

I am sorry but I am out of ideas. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you.

Thank you
WHAT HAPPENS FROM HERE?
I tried rebooting but it didn't work I'm going to head to Fry's to get a different cable to try a different lower tech end on the tv. I'll get back with you later.

You will receive the answer by email when another expert has it.