I have a computer to which the password has been lost. XP…

Customer Question
I have a computer to...
I have a computer to which the password XXXXX been lost. XP will not boot. I get an enter password XXXXX looking screen and cannot get into setup. I found an article that said that removing the CMOS battery would reset the pass word. I did that and it still did not boot. I'm not sure what to do next. If the password XXXXX for XP, I would be able to get into setup using F2 or F10, correct? My question is how do I get past this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/26/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Aziz, Computer Operator replied 8 years ago
Aziz
Aziz, Computer Operator
Pull the main battery out, remove the bios battery on the mobo for 10 minutes, reinstal it and boot up.

Thanks

If you read my initial message you will see that I have already removed the CMOS battery. I'm still unable to get past the enter password XXXXX
It is a newer machine, machines that have windows xp sp2 and later installed on them from the factory have this and a restart in no way unlocks it by the way. It just allows you to type again but if you had the right password XXXXX and types it in you would not be able to log in. There was no need to be insulting claiming I gave you an elementary answer I gave you the only answer there is. Sorry for the bad news if I didn't tell you , other experts would have left your question sitting for days since we know that the response you gave is what we are going to get for trying to give you the answer to your question.

basically even if you get the password XXXXX dell it would not work. you would need to send the machine to them. There is a chip on the motherboard that holds the BIOS they reset that in order to remove the password.

Thanks