Everything always been fine. Then suddenly all lines in 3d…

Customer Question
Everything always been fine. Then...
Everything always been fine. Then suddenly all lines in 3d rendering are jagged. Iv'e tryed everything but nothing wiil restore to smooth clean lines like I used to get. I downloaded and installed new your newest driver for my video card...but still jagged lines...HELP
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/26/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Joe B, Computer Expert replied 8 years ago
Joe B
Joe B, Computer Expert
Thank you for asking your question. I would like to help you, but I need a little more information.

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
  2. What is the name of the program that initially started causing the jagged lines?
  3. Is this just appearing on your monitor, or is it appearing on things you print as well?
Thanks in advance for any information you might be able to provide.

Thank you,

Joe

Mac Book pro A1260 w/ 15" screen

I am running windows XP on bootcamp in a seperate HD from Mac. I am not using parallels in Mac.

The program that I was and am using is 2020 design version 8.1.1...the newest version

It is on everything that I print as well as the monitor and anything that I look at on the net with graphics

Im sorry, I am not familiar with Mac softwares. I will opt out and let another expert help you.

Thanks,

Joe
What other info do you need?
Ok, I will try and help you. It might be a problem with your resolution. do the following:

1. Right click your desktop in windows XP and select Properties.
  2. Click he Settings tab
  3. Drag the screen resolution bar all the way to the right to the "More" side.
  4. Next, click the Advanced button in the Settings tab
  5. On the General tab, change the dpi setting to 96 dpi
  6. Keep clicking OK to get out of all the menus
Hopefully that has fixed your problem. Please let me know if it doesn't work. I will continue to look for a solution.

Thanks,

Joe
(Please click Accept if my solution worked)

I have done all this stuff and even consulted with local experts. You were directed to me through the NVIDIA site which would indicate to me that you are expert in computers. If you can not answer a question that provides a workable solution to my problem then my option as you so bodly advertised to try and get my business, is not to pay you, as I am 0% satisfied. You are only provding hypothisis -not a factual answer with finalality.

So please, if you can not definitivly answer my question as to make the graphics lines in my PC operate properly, ste so and do not debit my account.

I'm sorry if you have done these steps already in the past with other people. Since I cannot see your computer, I can only provide a hypothesis as you say as to what is going on. What we are doing is called troubleshooting. We need to go through basic steps before other steps. I have already told you that I am not familiar with Mac products, but you still wanted my help. I will opt out again so another expert may help you.

Good day,

Joe