In excel when I try to bring up a file it says there was a…

Customer Question
In excel when I try...
In excel when I try to bring up a file it says there was a problem sending the command to the program.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/26/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

hi,

try the below setting first.

open ms excel...go to excel options

then click on the advanced tab...scroll down to the general section...

uncheck the entry for "Ignore other applications that use
Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)"

if above does not work and if this is a recent problem try running a system restore

we can run a system restore to a week or 2 back when system was running fine. system restore will reverse any downloads you have made recently only that might have affected this issue to occour.

to run system restore click start...in the search box type system restore and slect the system restore option.

in the system restore screen select a date on which the system was running fine ..

follow the onscreen steps to restore the system

do let me know in case still issue exists and do share the version of operating system you are using and version of excel like excel 2003 or 2007.

also does this problem come up with other applications like word etc.

neither one seems to help

hi,

can you please share what operating system you are using and what version of excel are you using