Hello. When I first turn on my computer I get a message windows…

Hello. When I first turn...
Hello. When I first turn on my computer I get a message "windows installer preparing to install". The next message says "the feature you are trying to us is on a network resource that's unavailable. click ok to try again, or or enter an alternagive path to a folder containing the installation package "trayapps.msi" in the box below. I go to close it out and same message but instead of "trayapps.msi" I get "destinations.msi". close out again and "marketresearch.msi" appears in the message. also double click hp total care advisor and message "Has stopped working" appears. double click hp solution center and message "no devices found" appears. it's driving me nuts. can you please help.
6/26/2010
Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst

You can try two fixes:

1. Disable HP Advisor from the msconfig startup.

2. Download and install revo uninstaller: http://tinyurl.com/ydjdzrn

Use it to completely uninstall HP Total Care Advisor. While uninstalling using Revo,

be sure to delete all the registry keys when it prompts to.

If that does not fix the issue, let me know for follow up.

where do I find msconfig start up? I don't know much about these things.
Try the second fix first, if that fails we will go for the first one.
I know I'm probably pissing you off by now, I don't know how to do that either. I have a friend who can help me. If you don't have the I understand. I wrote down what you said and am happy with the answere. If you want to help me with this I will tip you $10.00. Tell me what you want to do because I will need step by step instruction. Sorry.
Not at all. I will be glad if I can help you perfectly. I will tell you the process step by step. First let me know, which operating system like Windows XP, Vista are you using?
Thank you for understanding. I have vista.

You're welcome. Smile

Ok click on start > Control Panel > Double click on Programs > Let me know, once you are there.

I'm there.
Double click on Installed programs and look for HP Total Care Advisor in the list and highlight it using your mouse > Let me know.
got it.

Click on File on the top left of the "Installed programs" window and click on change/remove > If asked, choose remove and continue with the process.

In case you need a restart, before going for restart do this:

Open the page, where you are talking with me.

Click Ctrl + D to bookmark this page.

Later when you want to come back:

Open the browser >

Click on favorites >

Click on the earlier bookmarked link(you may need to log in again).

Let me know, how it goes.

alright. here I go. If you don't hear from me in 5-10 minutes my e-mail is [email protected]. bring me back thru there.
You can open your mail, click on the links which you must have got for this question, it will land you here. Thanks.
I'm back. when I hit uninstall I got the same message box as when I first turn on my computer. instead of "trayapps.msi" or the 2 other ones that appear in the message in the first question to you above, i'm getting "hp total care advisor.msi". when I go to close this box a secont box with a big red x appears and says "Installation source for this product is not available. verify the source exists and that you can access it".

When you hit uninstall before restarting the computer, you got the same message?

I went to uninstall programs. clicked on hp total care advisor, clicked uninstall, and those messages poped up. it never went to turning of the computer. it didn't get that far. this thing is a pain in the ass.

We have to use revo uninstaller. Are you ready?

i'm ready.

Click on this link: http://tinyurl.com/ydjdzrn

Press Run, it will start downloading and installing Revo, once done let me know.

it's done.
Can you see Revo uninstaller icon on the desktop?
yes. it's there.
Great, double click on it to open it and let me know, if hp advisor is in the list.
yes. hp advisor is there.
Click on the Total Advisor in Revo >
Choose Uninstall from the top panel >
Choose Advanced >
Click Next >
Uninstaller will start >
Check all boxes, if Revo prompts "The following components will be uninstalled" >
Click Uninstall >
The program will uninstall >
Click Finish >
Click Next >
Click Next again >
Click Select All >
Click Delete >
Click Yes >
Click Select All >
Click Delete >
Click Yes >
Click Next >
Click Finish.
i'm at a prompt which says" found 127 registry items" should I select all?
Hmmm. Smile
the prompt gives the choices "select all, deselect all, or delete. then back, next, or cancel. I'm about to fix this thing with a pipe wrench!
Select all and than delete > than next.
the box now shows the individual files, example: C/program files/hewlett-packard/hpadvisor/ASMProfile/.dll, ect. options again are select all, deselect all, or delete. the delete will go to the recycle bin.
Same, select all and delete and than next.
ok. Revo says the uninstall is sucessful. there are 4 of the listed programs that will delete on restart.
Great, restart the computer and get back to me. :)
If you don't hear from me in 5-10 minutes e-mail me. if you fixed this your tip goes up to $20.00. you've done alot so far. Here I go.
Ok thanks. :)
Have you got it to work?
The problem that we were working on still exists. Nothing was solved.
No problem, open revo uninstaller, which HP programs are still now in computer listed under Revo?
The problem still exists. I don't think it can be solved on line, I believe the unit needs to be looked at. I tried to get back to you after I rebooted the computer, but I couldn't get thru to you. There were other techs available, but this site wanted another $18.00 to speak with some one. I'm not to thrilled with this site. However, I believe you tried the best you could, and were patient with me. This computer needs to be looked at. The message that appeared in the beginnng of this page is now appearing when I try to update my Garmin software. My hp advisor says is doesn't work, but if your wait 20 seconds it works, but the message box still appears. The computer needs to be looked at. Thanks for trying. Andy
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswers.com my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help you with your computer problem.

The error that you are getting can be caused for two reasons

• You have run a registry cleaner
  • You have uninstalled a HP printer of HP printer software

Please get the CD that came with your HP printer and put it in your computer. Then install all of the software that comes on the CD. It doesn't matter if you don't use the printer anymore. Now reboot your computer and the error message should be gone.

If you still get the message then manually point the error box to a folder called "TrayApp" which is on CD. The .msi is in there.

If it is still there then please try another HP printer CD that you will have. The trick is to use the CD that contains the same files that the errror message you receive is looking for.

After the problem is resolved, you can uninstall the software by using the Add or Remove programs in your Control Panel

Please do not run any registry cleaners on your computer.

So that you easily return to this question, please press ctrl+d on your keyboard. This page will then be added to the bottom of your favorites list. You can also log into JustAnswers.com and click on the "My Questions" link at the top right of the page, where you'll see the link for this question.

Thanks very much indeed for the great question!

Edited by hongkongpom on 7/3/2010 at 12:08 AM EST
Thank you for your response. I'm am sorry that I haven't responded sooner, but I work out of town and in transit for the next few days. I have read your response, and have two last questions for you. 1st. I no longer have the software cd for the printer. Do I have to order another one or can another means be used to do what has to be done. 2nd question. How do I get your bonus to you? I offered the 1st tech $20.00, I see no reason, if this works, that you shouldn't have it. Please remember, I am traveling & it will take me 2 more days to reach home and finish out this problem. Thanks for your help. Andy

What was the printer you were using please?

Thanks & talk soon

Edited by hongkongpom on 7/5/2010 at 9:11 AM EST
HP all in one 4140

Here is the link to the software for your printer

If this doesn't work then also down this update for the printer driver

All the softare for Vista is from this page

To pay me you can just click the Accept button next to this answer

Thankyou and best regards

hongkongpom
Thank you for your time and help. I will accept this answer. One last question. I entered ctrl+d and this page is in my favorites. After I enter accept answere will I be able to come back to these instructions & this page?

Thankyou very much indeed for the bonus and yes you can come back to this question via you favorites or the "My Questions" link.

Best regards

hkp