Recovery disk will not work

Recovery disk will not work
6/26/2010
Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast
Chat Conversation Started
Nirjhar18 :

Recovery disk will only work if you have operating system installed as in windows xp

Nirjhar18 :

Go to bios

Nirjhar18 :

and change the boot priority or boot sequence to cd as first option

Nirjhar18 :

and then boot from cd

Customer:

This has already been done and when booting the cd tries to read form C: and fails

Nirjhar18 :

Do you get any error message ?

Customer:

yes

Nirjhar18 :

Please tell me the complete error message

Customer:

Invalid media type reading drive c: abort, retry,fail

Nirjhar18 :

THis means your hard disk is failing and it cannot read from hard disk

Nirjhar18 :

as recovery disk needs Operating system to be installed and then only it can work

Nirjhar18 :

you will need to format and try to load windows again

Nirjhar18 :

In doing so,you will loose data on C: drive

Customer:

i canot as windows is on the recovery disk i think

Nirjhar18 :

recovery disks does not have windows

Nirjhar18 :

they cannot be used to install new copy of windows

Customer:

so how

Nirjhar18 :

they can just be used to bring back your computer to factory settings

Nirjhar18 :

Here you need windows cd

Nirjhar18 :

so that you can format and install new windows

Nirjhar18 :

and see if your hard disk is still in good condition

Nirjhar18 :

i want you to borrow a windows cd from someone to check if you can load windows on your hard disk

Nirjhar18 :

If yes,that means your hard disk is OK and your windows was corrupted

Nirjhar18 :

if you would not be able to load windows,then it may be that your hard disk is failing and you will need to replace it

Nirjhar18 :

Please Click on ACCEPT so that i can be paid for my work with positive feedback and bonus

Customer:

when i go to DOS i can access other areas of the hard drive ie Q

Nirjhar18 :

ok nice

Nirjhar18 :

that means your windows is corrupted

Nirjhar18 :

and your hard disk is fine

Customer:

this is telling me that it is only c that is corrupt

Nirjhar18 :

so you just need to install windows again and you are ready to go

Nirjhar18 :

because c drive has windows

Nirjhar18 :

Customer:

i cannot g

Nirjhar18 :

?

Nirjhar18 :

i did not get you sir

Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast