How can I retrieve junk mail that I inadvertently deleted…

Customer Question
How can I retrieve junk...
How can I retrieve junk mail that I inadvertently deleted?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/26/2010
Tech Support Specialist: vasanth, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
vasanth
vasanth, Computer Software Engineer

Hello there!

which e-mail account are you using? i.e. is it Outlook Express,gmail,yahoo, AOL or some other else

thanks

It is a hotmail account.

Please follow the steps below->

1. Step 1

Click on the "Deleted" option in the left margin of your Hotmail window. This will open your Deleted folder, which contains all deleted emails.

2. Step 2

Browse through the emails on the first page of your Deleted folder. If it is not there, continue browsing by clicking the right arrow at the bottom right of the emails. The right arrow should be located after the words "Page 1." Continue browsing until you find the desired email.

3. Step 3

When you locate the desired email, click on the box to the email's left. A check mark should appear in the box. Continue checking as many emails as you would like to recover.

4. Step 4

Click on "Move to," which is located on a horizontal bar across the top of the window. A drop-down box should appear.

5. Step 5

Click on "Inbox." The selected email(s) should be redirected back to your Inbox. To go to your Inbox and see the emails, click on "Inbox" in the right margin

Source

thanks

My problem is, there is nothing in my junk file because I deleted it all inadvertently. I would like to retrieve all of my junk mail that I cannot now locate - it is not in the delete folder - it is just gone and I need to retrieve several e-mails that I had previously assigned to junk mail, but now I "erased" all of my junk mail (total of 103 were in my junk mail box). So, I need to retrieve all of the junk mail that I just got rid of.

ok, Please Click here for hotmail help.
Click on ask a question and one help desk support person will help to resolve your issue.

They dont have phone support, They support only through forums.
Please provide the email id and ask them to retrive the email specifying the date.
Please click here to know more.

thanks

I am not going to pay you $18.00 to be sent to the Windows Forum page - it is absolutely worthless and I have tried that countless times tonight - why do you think I am paying you to help me? So please answer my question.

I opt out ,so that the question is open for other experts and they can help you.

thanks

Will all of the other experts opt out too, thus causing me to lose $18.00 and just be referred to the Windows Forum, which is completely unhelpful?
Tech Support Specialist: Christopher Bessler, Director of Computer Engineering replied 8 years ago
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Director of Computer Engineering
Hello, I will attempt to answer your question.

First, there is an issue of timing. Hotmail deletes email for good 24 hours after it has been deleted from accounts. So if you are past this time frame, the messages simply not recoverable.

If the procedures already outlined here either do not work, or are not applicable, AND you are within the first 24 hours after the deletion, your ONLY option is to speak with hotmail support directly.

They can be reached at 1-866-672-4551. I am sorry about this, but since we are not affiliated with Hotmail directly, we have no way to get into your account or into Hotmail's mail servers. They have to. And we cannot request it on your behalf, because you are the account holder. Only you can request it, and only they can perform it.

If you need any more assistance, let me know.

_______________________________________________________________________
Thank you for your question. If my answer helped at all, please accept. Positive feedback and/or a bonus is always greatly appreciated!
Christopher Bessler