Steven R.
Steven R., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  AAIT/Networking Degree and BSB/Information Systems Student (3.9 GPA) 16 years PC experience
42084361

Hello, I have a new HP lap top pc wirh Windows 7. My desk

Customer Question

I have a new HP lap top pc wirh Windows 7. My desk top icon for My Msn is not like the winged butterfly I have gotten in years past. I have recieved simply a plain white square with a feint MSN letters on it.
Can I get my flapping wing butterfly back?

If so we really miss it at our house.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to your answer.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Steven R. replied 8 years ago.

Hello, thank you for using JustAnswer.com!

Can you give me some extra information so I may assist you?

When you say "MSN" service, are you referring to the website? or something else?

On all pages I have visited, I have seen the MSN butterfly just fine and I am running Win7.

Any extra info you can offer would be appreciated....

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

MSN is my internet servise provider. I am a "premium" member and pay a monthly fee

for my email address and other services provided on my home page. The email I respond to you with is an email address through MSN.

I thought a member of msn staff was who I was writting to. Can you obtain my flapping wing MSN butterfly icon back to replace the one I recieved when logging on again' but through my new Windows 7 lap top.(which is not the icon we have gotten and used for many years past.) Dont want the newly recieved style of white square with three letters of MSN.

Expert:  Steven R. replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I also have an MSN account, although I rarely use it. I tried to create a desktop shortcut for logging in and I got a similar white box. I did a little extra digging and found that MSN has been doing some changes, including it's butterfly logo. Unfortunately, some people are on the fence, some like the new design and layout, while others do not.

Here are the articles from Microsoft that II located regarding the changes. The first link discusses the changes over time.

http://msnblog.msn.com/blogpost.aspx?post=1350394

This article from cnet gives a little more insight.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10389587-56.html

After reading the articles, and seeing all of the changes, it looks like the new logo style is going to stick. This may not be exactly the news you were hoping for, but I hope you find it useful.

If you feel that I was of assistance, please click "accept" only if you are satisfied, add a bonus if you like, and more importantly, feedback is my favorite. If you have any further questions regarding this issue, or any others, please feel free to ask. Thank you and have a great day!

Regards,