I rebooted my computer as per your request. I was running a…

Customer Question
I rebooted my computer as...
I rebooted my computer as per your request. I was running a backup to my E drive, when I the problems started. I still have space on it. The Action Center Maintaince Option, still says Backup in progress. I still can't set the schedule and I can't change the schedule from manual to an automatic schedule
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/26/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

Could you please explain the issue a little bit more?
I am just looking for an answer to what seems to me,, like 2 simple questions. I tried and tried to do what seems like 2 simple things. 1) turn on an automatic schedule for my Backup from the current manual one. 2) change the Backup settings. I clicked on both options, with no success. Should I run a manual Backup, after which I will hopefully be able to resolve the 2 problems? Or should I do a restore to a previous time, after which I will hopefully be able to resolve the problems? I was thinking that the best idea is, if you could take control of my computer using what I think is called an Easy Assist Session. That way you will be able to see first hand what the problems are, and hopefully correct them quickly.

Yours truly,
Isaac Rubin
Email:[email protected]
Tel: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Hello Isaac,

As per the terms and conditions we cannot take remote control of the computer. However, I can help your further.

You do not need to restore your computer to previous settings.

Take the back up manually first.

Please check the link given below: Scroll down the page under this link and make sure that under Maintenance Messages, Window BackUp must be checked.

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/01/09/windows-7-action-center-overview

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Back-up-your-files

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/features/backup-and-restore.aspx

If get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.