i am getting a memory write/read failure at 5FF94174 when I…

Customer Question
i am getting a memory...
i am getting a memory write/read failure at 5FF94174 when I start up.....can you
help???
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Anthony Brewster, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant

Hello, please shut down the computer and turn it off. Then power it back on and lets go into Safemode with Networking.

1) Turn on the computer

2) Start tapping/pressing F8 until you see Advanced Options Menu

3) Select Safemode with Networking and press enter

4) Press enter for OS/XP

5) Choose your account (not admin)

6) Click yes to continue in safemode

ERROR MESSAGE - This sounds like a FAKE virus or spyware that is causing it as nothing pulls up on google about it.

Please download/save ComboFix and run it to remove these infections. Please follow my instructions.

(IMPORTANT) Click OK to continue on those popup messages from combofix, DO NOT disable the anti-virus, just click OK to go on and you might have 3 different OK boxes to pop up, and if it ask to download the recovery console just click no.

Try to run COMBOFIX and it will take about 5 minutes to complete tops. The Microsoft Level 2 Techs use this and nothing gets past it. This is a FREE scan and it does not install anything on your computer, it runs from the command prompt!

http://www.combofix.org/downloadlink.php <<<<<<CLICK LINK TO DOWNLOAD

1) Save it to your desktop

2) Run It

When it is done, you will get a notepad with the report. If anything was deleted it will show you at the top like this....

(((((((((((((((((( other deletions )))))))))))))))))))

Here is you a guide just in case you want to see what happens.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

After that, close the notepad, restart your computer, and everything should be back to normal.

BEST OF LUCK!
GOD BLESS!

:)

F8 is not working.....i got it to work one time but when i chose xp it just brought up a bunch of lines....now it won't even let me do the f8 thing. i am really in a bind, i am

a screen printer and I have a lot of work to do....please help!

Thanks! The infection is blocking us. Thats ok. Please turn on the computer once again and just let it boot up/turn on like you normally would. Then go to ComboFix and download that using the link below and SAVE IT and then RUN IT for me and you should be ok.

1) Save it to your desktop

2) Run It

:)

when i get my computer to finally come up and try to connect to internet it goes black after a minute and gives me that same message...

Can you not click on ok or the red x on that message long enough to get on the desktop and internet explorer?

If not, can you pull up the task manager using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC?

Sorry but there is no red x on error message....it kicks out of windows to a black

screen and there are no options....i finally got it to start windows normally after hitting F8 but it won't stay there long enough to get on the internet. it goes back out to the

dell error message. any ideas?

Sounds like you might have to re-install windows im afraid. If this was Vista or Windows 7 it would have been easier on you to do a system restore or a repair.

I know its not the Memory/RAM that is the problem otherwise your computer would not boot up and it will be making beeping sounds so that error message its not legit.

Since you have important data on that hard drive that you can not lose you will need to buy this tool below to hook your hard drive up as a USB Device just so you can be able to view the files off of the computer.

http://www.buy.com/prod/usb-2-0-to-sata-ide-2-5-3-5-hard-drive-hdd-converter-cable/q/listingid/37287146/loc/101/210679778.html

Then, you will need to re-install Windows again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how you put it back to Factory Settings...

1) Turn on the computer.

2) When the Dell splash screen appears during the computer startup process, press

and hold CTRL and then press F11. Then, release both keys at the same time.

3) In the Dell PC Restore by Symantec window, click Restore. Alternatively, press <Tab> to highlight Restore, and then press <Enter>.

4) When a warning message appears stating that all data will be lost, click Confirm, or press <Tab> to highlight Confirm and then press <Enter>.

The Progress window will appear. Once the restore process starts, Dell PC Restore by Symantec usually takes about 8 to 10 minutes to finish.

When the restore process is complete, the following message will appear:
The system recovery process was successful.

5) Click Finish or press <Tab> to highlight Finish and then press <Enter> to restart the computer.

NOTE: You will need your Dell Disc to re-install windows if the first option does not work.

1) Turn on the computer

2) Start tapping/pressing F12 to get Boot Menu Options

3) Insert Dell XP Disc

4) Select DVD/CD-ROM and press enter

5) Press any key to start the installation

If you do not have it, call dell or order it online as its FREE and FREE shipping by FedEx.

Dell: 1-800-999-3355

OR

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form

---------------------------------------------GUIDES-----------------------------------------------------------------

Windows XP Home (Guide) w/pictures and instructions for every step...

http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPHome/installxphome1.htm

Windows XP Pro (Guide) w/pictures and instructions for every step...

http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPPro/installxppro1.htm

---------------------------------------------------SECURITY---------------------------------------------------

For the BEST Security Protection, use Eset Smart Security. Computer infections are created newely everyday, and with Eset by your side, it will not make no mistakes in taking it out! I use it myself, it updates from 1 - 10 times per day. It is always scanning the computer in the background without slowing you down. Its so good, that not even 1 customer have I had to assist due to an infection. You have to see it to believe it!

http://www.eset.com/

Eset (vs) Competiton

http://www.eset.com/products/compare-NOD32-vs-competition.php

Eset Advertisment (BEST ONE I HAVE EVER SEEN)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ABqvEvsKY

NOTE: If you cant afford this right now, I would suggest to change to the new free one by Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

BEST OF LUCK!
GOD BLESS!

:)