This window poped up when I tried to downloan my mail. I have…

Customer Question
This window poped up when...
This window poped up when I tried to downloan my mail. I have been using Mozilla for years and never had this problem.
unable to write the e-mail to the mailbox. Make sure the file system allows you to write privileges, and that you have enough disk space to copy the mail.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Daniel Mallett, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Daniel Mallett
Daniel Mallett, Computer Support Specialist
Please have a look at this link and tell me if it helps

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_write_the_email_to_the_mailbox
The link did not have all the required steps. I do not have "network and disk space" on my version of TB.
I don't know what you mean when you say network and disk space on TB
I follewed the steps in the answer, tools, advanced, but my version of ThunderBird did not show "network and disk space", so could not continue in the "answer".
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

In Thunderbird, please go to File > Compact All Folders. Once the compacting process has been completed, restart Thunderbird and check if this resolves the issue all right.

Keep me posted.

Regards
I was thrilled with your answer. It seemed so simple. except it didn't work! It acted like it was compacting the files. I gave it plenty of time (several hours), shut down everything, restarted the computer.
the same window and message came up. I have not received any new mwssages since the 24th. Please help.
Okay ...could you try copying your Inbox emails to another folder, then compacting the folder itself, as follows:

1- Create a new folder.

Click File > New > Folder, then give it a name and click OK

2- Select all messages

Open Inbox and click on any of the messages there, then click Edit > All.

3- Move messages

While the messages are selected 'drag' them to the icon of the new folder that have just created.

4- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the Outbox folder and the Sent folder.

5- Open the Trash folder, select all messages as described in step 2, the press the Delete key.

Done that, compact the folders once again, and let me know how you get on now.

Regards