I have a Anti Virus that has taken over my other computer I…

Customer Question
I have a Anti Virus...
I have a Anti Virus that has taken over my other computer I can't open any programs, or get on to internet explorer. the only thing I can do is open firefox but it's hard to do anything on it. I have Porn site that keeps popping up that I can't get rid of either.
it says I've been attack from 230.219.226.72 port 42915; attack port41714; threat Bankerfox.A
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Satchi, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Satchi
Satchi, Computer Software Engineer
Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

Reboot the computer and press F8 continuously and enter SAFE with networking

then scan computer using malwarebytes and let me know

Thanks & Regards

Satchi

I n safe mode where do I find malware?

In SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING

goto below and downlaod malwarebytes and install it

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

then do a scan of system using it
I can't get onto the other computer to do this plus I am unable to type in my password XXXXX get into the computer
We did that ecan't get any further
Why ..what is the problem ?
Give us someone else, you are not listening
As you wish ...
Relist: Incomplete answer.
He didn't give us enough detail we need someone else to read the question and give us detailed step by step answer
Tech Support Specialist: DRobertson, Consultant / Technician replied 8 years ago
DRobertson
DRobertson, Consultant / Technician

Hi and thanks for writing us here at JustAnswer.com. Please know that to resolve your question may take some back and forth questions and answers. Help us to help you! We are here to help and will do our best to resolve your issue; we are not here to just make money. Also note that we do NOT work for any company and in no way represent them on their products and/or services.

Ok, I have read over the previous Q&A. Am I to understand that you have two units, and you cannot get on either one to use?

If correct, then is the issue the the same on both units?

We have 2 computers we can get on one which is the one we are talking to you on. The other one is totally infested with viruses and anti virus spyware alert, and it is not our anti virus, some one is trying to sell us anti virus and get us to enroll in porn. We are not touching it it is just going crazy on it's own. Malwarebytes is installed but the alien anti vrus website will not let us open it or anything else except for Firefox that's the only thing we can open

It is now saying BankerFox.A

Ok, thanks for the info. The issue is a lot more clear to me know.

Ok, since we know you have internet access and such on this PC you are using, then what I am going to ask, is do you have a CD/DVD burner on this unit?

I don't know and I'm not sure it works, how do I try it?

Look at the front of the unit and see if maybe the CD/DVD tray area says something about CD-RW or DVD-RW, or similar?
It indicates that we have it we don't know if it works
ok, let me ask, I know you have XP, so is the unit a CD or is it a DVD unit?

I have both I DON"T KNOW IF THEY WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so you have a CD and DVD unit. I have to ask because of various differences in what we can do to check them out.

With XP, it can natively burn to CDs, so lets do a quick check and maybe we will be blessed enough that it is working.

Put a blank CD in the CD unit. Next, simply open your wordpad and create a test document with just a couple of words in it and save it to your desktop.

Next close the wordpad.

Now RIGHT click on that test document and you might have an option to burn to CD. If so choose this option. If it does ok on burning that small file, then we know we are good to go on doing what we need to, for solving the issue of the virus.

First your going to download and install this program:

http://download.cnet.com/Active-ISO-Burner/3000-2646_4-10602452.html?tag=mncol

This is the program that will allow you to burn a special type of file to a CD, called an .iso file.

Ok, so now these are the instructions for what we need to do for that other PC with the viruses.

Your going to on the good PC download and burn a Anti-virus program. What makes this different, is how this is going to work on the infected unit. You will download and burn it, then yo put it into the CD tray on the other unit and reboot that unit. It will boot to that CD and start scanning the system. Being that the unit's Windows never leads, this keeps all the viruses from loading up also.

Here is the instructions:

http://www.f-secure.com/linux-weblog/files/f-secure-rescue-cd-3.11.23804.zip

This link will have a file that will automatically start to download when you click the link above. Download it and unzip it, then burn the .iso (this is a disk image file and must be burned thru software that can use a disk image) file to a CD. This is an .iso file, so you do not do anything with the file at all. Your burner software will know how to use it.

You will then want to boot to the new CD on your original PC. You will put the CD in the tray then do a normal reboot. The CD will take over and it will first update itself (trys, but sometimes is not able to do so - not a problem if it can not) then it will do a total scan of your system for viruses and such. Let it run and take note of it finds any of them. When it is done take out the CD and "hard" reboot your system, using the power button.

Once done with the scan get back to me and we will go from there.

This is way above me but I'll try
Just take it one step at a time. If you wish, you can even skip the first part about the test document and just go to download and install of the burning software. Once you download and install it, then proceed to the next part about the other program. I am here if you need help.
The program is asking for a path to the target, for image file before I can burn it.
Whats going on how do I do a path way for the iso??

Welcome back. Ok, so once you download the .iso file, do not bother opening the file, nor the burning program itself either. Just double click on the .iso file and the burning software will start. Now, being you have two units to burn to, based on previous post, the software may ask which to burn to. If this is so, then point it to a blank CD in the CDRom unit.

Sounds like your getting there, just keep with it. Sometimes these computer issue can be a real pain to solve.

Let me know if you have any more questions or run into any more issues.

We are not computer peple. We can't see where we have to double click on the ISO file we don't know where it is All we see is what's below, nothing has been written anywhere

PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8701 5D24
Transport: SPTI
Drive Letter: E:
Inserted Media: CD-R

Writable: Yes
Erasable: No
Blank: Yes
Free Space: 69:37 (702.83 MB)
Used Space: 00:00 (0.00 MB)
Write Speeds: 12.0x, 16.0x, 24.0x, 32.0x
Read Speeds: 12.0x, 16.0x, 24.0x, 32.0x, 40.0x, 48.0x

Ok, I apologize, seems we just are not "clicking" together on getting this solved for you. I will opt out and let another Expert try to help better than what I have been able to do for you. God bless.

Thanks for trying, I think you gave up to early and I am amazed you don't understand what I just sent you. But I can only pray God will Bless us all, our Country needs it bad.

Thanks,

You didn't fix anything, and you quit not me.

So as I understand it I owe you nothing.

God Bless, have a good 4th.