Problem with Fluid Mask lisence code. The first time I installed…

Customer Question
Problem with Fluid Mask lisence...
Problem with Fluid Mask lisence code.
The first time I installed the fluid mask there was an error, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it again. I was prompted to install an upgrade, which I did, and I think it was successful, however I'm now being told that this license number already exists on either this, or another computer. Can you please advise? Regards, Sylvia
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/26/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What operating system are you using?
-What version of Fluid Mask do you have installed 2.0 or 3.0?
-What version update did you install 3.03, 3.04, etc. ?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Hi Aaron.

I have a Toshiba Laptop which runs Windows Vista.

I can't find anything on the disc or the case to say which version it is in numbers, it just says fluid mask LITE. There is a sticker on the outside of the case with the licence number, and that says it's Fluid Mask 3.

When I installed it, however, I got a window telling me that there was an update and to reinstall, but then it wouldn't accept the licence code. Hope this helps. Regards, Sylvia

If you haven't already please register and activate your software.

Online registration:

This option requires an active internet connection on a machine on which you are installing Fluid Mask.

1. Please open Fluid Mask and go to "Help" then select "Register".

2. Fill out a registration form and insert your serial key. The serial key should have been sent to after you placed your order for Fluid Mask 3 and has the format:

VFM3-01AXYZB0B123F123CDA7121234567AF123

Please make sure you copy/paste your serial key into a serial key field to avoid typos or mixing up digits and letters like 0 and O etc.

3. Click on a button to send your information.
4. Registration takes a few seconds. If it was successful you will see a pop-up window confirming that you are now registered.
5. In addition you can see a message “You have a full license” when going to "Help" then selecting "About Fluid Mask".

Also, Vertus support states that you don't have to uninstall your software to install any updates. If you removed your Fluid Mask 3.0 to install any updates, I recommend reinstalling your software and this time installing any updates on top of your boxed version.

Thanks,

Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

Hi again Aaron, I just tried what you said and find that there is no registration heading under 'help'. There is a licence heading, so I tried to put in the number you gave me and got this reply:

[Internet license activation failed. The license number [240800163778709350] has already been used (error code -23). If you have already used this license on another computer, you may use the internet or manual license moving options to move it to this computer. If not, please [email protected]]

• [240800163778709350]
  • [] I do hope this will not cost me any more? Regards, Sylvia
  • Tech Support Specialist: Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago

That license number I gave you was just an example one. You should have received one in a same format when you purchased Fluid Mask 3.0. You might have received it with your order email from Vertus.

Don't click accept anymore since you already did, but I will keep helping you until you get your problem resolved.

Thanks,

Hi again Aaron,

The licence number in the error message above is the one that came with my copy of fluid lite, in the form of a sticker on the front of the case. I tried following the instructions in the error message, but just got the same result, saying that this licence code has already been used. Although the message is saying that it was installed on another computer, which is wrong, it was installed on this one. When I installed it I wasn't actually asked to provide the licence number until after the upgrade - I don't know if this would make any difference. Having looked at the Vertus site it seems that the copy I received was the fluid mask LITE, which according to the website is the 'baby brother' of the current fluid mase 3. Is it possible that I have the wrong disc or version? I do hope you can help with this. Regards, Sylvia

I didnt' find much information on http://www.vertustech.com/ about Fluid Mask Lite. I would check your order email you received when you purchased Fluid Mask 3. It's possible they accidentally shipped you a light version instead of full version.

You can submit a support ticket with Vertus and they will look into this for you. Also, you can email [email protected].

Thanks,