Laptop stopped booting, just spins. Took to Best Buy, bought…

Customer Question
Laptop stopped booting, just spins...
Laptop stopped booting, just spins. Took to Best Buy, bought new cp, they tried to transfer data, could not, computer just spins. Called Hewlett Packard, they said take to cp repair, they could remove hard drive and put in another computer and get data. CP repair guy, says could not get to work. Anything I can do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast replied 8 years ago
Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast
Chat Conversation Started
Nirjhar18 :

You can always take out hard disk and transfer the data

Nirjhar18 :

But first lets try to see what is issue with your laptop

Nirjhar18 :

Tell me when you switch on ur laptop,do you see anything on screen or hear any fan noise ?

Customer:

Yes, but all that is on screen is HP and fan noise

Nirjhar18 :

Ok

Nirjhar18 :

Restart your laptop

Nirjhar18 :

and keep pressing F8

Nirjhar18 :

and choose safe mode from menu

Nirjhar18 :

and see if you can enter into safe mode

Customer:

I already did that and technician removed hard drive and still could not get the data. I am picking it up from him today. It will not start in safe mode either.

Nirjhar18 :

Do you have installation cd of your windows ?

Customer:

Yes, but the hard drive that is bad is on windows xp and I have installation disk for that but it does nothing when I put it in computer

Nirjhar18 :

If your hard drive is faulty or it has bad sectors

Nirjhar18 :

then you will have to replace your hard drive

Nirjhar18 :

As an expert has tried getting the data out of it which is not an easy job

Nirjhar18 :

that means your hard drive is real bad

Customer:

Is there no way to get my data from it

Nirjhar18 :

So you will need to replace your hard disk

Customer:

apparently so and it was not dropped to cause it. My question is, can the data be obtained in any way

Nirjhar18 :

you can try to get your hard drive fixed

Nirjhar18 :

Common hardware problems include a faulty circuit board or problems with the actuator arm.

Customer:

by whom

Customer:

so who can repair those

Nirjhar18 :

hardware data recovery service.

Nirjhar18 :

Hardware data recovery can be expensive because technicians may need to disassemble your hard drive to fix the problem. Hard drive data recovery is usually done in a 'clean room' as hard drives are sealed to avoid errors caused by dust or other particles. Also hard drives are finely tuned machinery and it takes specialist equipment to read the platters from a physically damaged drive.

Customer:

do you have a phone number or address

Nirjhar18 :

Check the following link for service for data recovery in your area

Nirjhar18 :

Please CLick on ACCEPT so that i can be paid with positive feedback and good bonus