lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.
16528259

Microsoft.NET Assembly Registration Utility has encountered

Microsoft.NET Assembly Registration Utility has encountered an error and needs to close. This happens when trying to re-install Quickbooks Pro 8.

Hi and Welcome to

This issue is caused by a damaged component of Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.

Please follow these steps to uninstall .NET Framework 2.0 and reinstall .NET Framework 2.0 with Service Pack 1.

Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0:

1. Click the Windows Start button and select Run.
  2. Enter control in the Open field and click OK.
  3. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
  4. Select Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 in the list of programs and click Remove.

If you are unable to remove .NET using these instructions, download and run the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool utility to remove .NET 2.0, download .NET 2.0 SP1 from the links below, and reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1.

Click here to download the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.
  5. Download and install Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 SP1 from the Microsoft Web site:
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (x86)

Restart and reinstall Quickbooks.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I could not remove the Microsoft.NET Framework 2 (as above), and the above link is not reachable after 6 attempts. I need to find a way to fix this problem today, but I am going to a client at this time. Please have an answer by about 4:00pm EDT. Thanks.

Rich

Try this link for the cleanup tool

http://windowsuu.com/tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip