I can not install the new quick time and i tunes to my PC.

Customer Question
I downloaded the new software...
I can not install the new quick time and i tunes to my PC. I downloaded the new software for my I phone, and now it wiil not work with my version of I tunes, which cannot be removed during update for some reason. "Is on a network resource that is unavailable."
Can you help?
Art
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: NeOh, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
NeOh
NeOh, Computer Software Engineer
Hi ,

Welcome to JustAnswer

Please download this utility called RevoUninstaller from the following link

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Now using this program install your current iTunes version.

after that download the latest version of iTunes from this link and install

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Now try again. This should work

The same error message comes up.
Tech Support Specialist: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

Please uninstall iTunes and Quick times from your computer first. We will reinstall them back. I would like to inform you that you iTunes songs will not be lost.

How to uninstall iTunes and Quick Times:

1. Click Start, Control panel, Add or Remove Programs. Now, you will see, iTunes there. Please remove it. Also, remove, Quick Times if you see there.

2. Now, restart the computer.

3.Reinstall iTunes and Quick Times again using the link given below:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

If get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.
Tech Support Specialist: Molinari, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Molinari
Molinari, Computer Support Specialist
Boy, you got duplicate answers there, I'm assuming you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, that's why you are here!

Do you know how to use the registry editor?

Edited by Molinari on 6/25/2010 at 4:04 PM EST

Have you used the Revo Uninstaller for Uninstalling the iTunes ?
If Uninstalling using RevoUninstaller and Installing iTunes again doesn't solve the problem , then please follow the instructions in this link to solve the issue

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1926

In the above link, you can see section 3. Clean up iTunes installer files on the computer

follow those instructions

I'm giving this link because its clearly explained there. Please let me know if you've any queries.

Edited by NeOh on 6/25/2010 at 4:27 PM EST
I guess they didn't read the response when you said revo failed and didn't wait for you to respond to my question.

Let's try this:

Download and install this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

Look for anything that says apple, itunes, and quicktime, there may be more than one.

Rename the c:\program files\itunes folder.

Delete the folders that contain the itunes.msi located in the c:\windows\Downloaded installations folder.
Also clean out your temp folder.

Don't run the itunes installer from apple, download it first to your harddrive then run the installer.

If that fails, we may have to edit the registry.