Good Morning - I tried to download a upgrade for my new Sprint…

Customer Question
Good Morning - I tried...
Good Morning - I tried to download a upgrade for my new Sprint Cell Phone yesterday. After downloading the upgrade a pop-up came up and asked if I wanted to allow the software to make changes in my Toshioba Satellite P500 Laptop (my PC is Windows 7 from the factory). I said OK. Now I cannot get the Laptop to boot up. When the system starts up you get told that was a change to the system or new software was installed. Your choice bellow is "Launch start-up Repair" (Recommended) OR "Start Normally" is your choice. If I pick "Launch Start-Up Repair, the next screen says "Windows is Loading Files", then NOTHING happens and I left it that way for almost two hours with nothing but the arrow on the screen. If I push the "Start Normally" option, the next screen says "Starting Windows" like normal BUT that screen stays that way for a while then the system tries to re-boot itself starting the process all over again.
I understand that there are several keys to push while the system is starting up that brings your system back to the way is was right out of the box. Can you tell me the keys to push and is that my only option at this point? In advance Thank You for your help and time. I am most anxious to get this problem resolved.
Sincerely,

Vic Pati
E-mail [email protected]
Phone (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Hello Vic, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your PC issues today. It sounds like you have some corrupt OS files. We can reset your laptop to its original factory settings. Lets just pray that the recovery partition has not been corrupted also. What I would like you to do is turn on the laptop and start to tap F10 repeatedly until the recovery screen comes up. From that point you will just need to agree that you want to reset the PC to its factory settings and continue through the process by agreeing when it asks. If this does not work we can try some other ways to get the PC to reboot.

Hi Hans

I tried Repeadly tapping the F10 key. The next screen that came up said the following:

Line One - "Edit Windows boot option for: Windows 7"

Line Two - "Path: \windows\system32\winload.exe"

Line three - "Partition: 2

Line four - "Hard Disk: 9843dd61"

Line five - " [ /noexecute=optin

]

The curser is a white block just after the n on the last line, the "Closed Bracket" ] is at the end of the sixth line. If I just push the enter key the system re-boots then goes to the screen that I mentioned about giving the choice of starting normally OR starting in the Launch Repair (Recommended) mode.

I am researching this issue. Cna you tell me if you have the CD's that came with the PC?

There were no disks packed with the system. I decided that this was beyond my expertise and called Toshiba Direct to send back as the unit is still under warranty. I was informed that F10 was NOT the key to press for a full system Restore. After a few more tries of different things it was decided that there is an issue with the Hard Drive. So they issued a return authorization to return the unit to the factory. So that is resolve of the issue.

Sincerely,

Victor A. Pati

That computer must use the F12key. I would suggest at least trying to restore it before you send the computer in since it may take a long time to get the computer back. If you have a second to try please turn on the computer and tap F12 until the recover partition starts up and then follow the direction. If they are going to send you a new one and then have you send the old one back then that should not be a problem.