I can get my kindle to go to the home page. Whjen I hit home…

Customer Question
I can' get my kindle...
I can' get my kindle to go to the home page. Whjen I hit home it goes to archieved items. I have already restarted my kindle. please HELP
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: vasanth, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
vasanth
vasanth, Computer Software Engineer

Hello there!

Please unplug the Kindle if it is plugged in. Then hold the power switch for 30 seconds. After that, please let me know if your Kindle is working.

thanks

NO, I HAD ALREADY RESTARTED MY KINDLE. NOW WHAT?

ok you need to reset Kindle, you need to open the back cover first. Turn your Kindle over so that the back cover is facing you. Slide the back cover off by pressing the cover firmly while sliding the cover to the right with your thumbs. Use a paper clip to press the reset button (tiny hole) located above and to the left of the battery. The kindle will flash a few times and reset.

This should make it open right up. for more detail please go to this link.

LINK

thanks

tHE COVER WILL NOT SLIDE OFF

I opt out ,so that the question is open for other experts and they can help you.

thanks

FINE-WHATECER WILL GET IT WORKING AGAIN. HOW DO I GET A REAL PERSON AT THE AMAZON KINDLE STORE/

ok, you can contact the kindle technical support team from here

http://www.contacthelp.com/directory/Shopping/Electronics/Kindle?ListingID=489

thanks

I do not accept your answer, because I had to find the phone number from my friend and my kindle had to be replaced. Please do not charge my account.

ok