I cannot access the two most frequently used sites on my c…

Customer Question
I cannot access the two...
I cannot access the two most frequently used sites on my computer:
https://www.us.army.mil
https://webmail.us.army.mil
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Joseph, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 years ago
Joseph
Joseph, Computer Software Engineer
There are some security issue with the site:

The site shows :

You attempted to reach webmail.us.army.mil, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Google Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications. You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

But if you can use google chrome you can go to the site.

Along with the above warning you will get a button "Proceed anyway" if you are using Google chrome browser instead of IE.

Then you can see the page.

Incase if you don't have Google chrome download and install from this link

http://www.google.com/chrome

I use the website daily (www.us.army.mil) but cannot get it as of two days ago. I am familiar with the fact that it always comes up with the message "continuing to this website is not recommended click continue is you trust it" (or something like that).

Anyways, I do not get to the message because All I get is "internet explorer cannot display the webpage" I am in the process of downloading the google chrome, It will take me at least 30-60 min to download because I am in a very remote area of Iraq right now and the internet is extremely slow with downloads.

I can access just about any other site I go to except the Army sites I use daily. My co-workers are not having a problem with their access.

i installed google chrome and tried to get to the site www.us.army.mil. I am not able to get to the login page of that site. what is my next step?

The site is not available now. There is some security risks with that site. You should try it after some time.

It amy take time to correct the issue.

See if others can access the site.

If they are also not able to get to the site the issue is with the server and if the owners of the site are trying to solve the issue then only you can see the site in future.

Try the same site after some time.

I cannot tell how much time it will take.

All my co-workers can access the site and I can do it from their computers as well. Mine is the only one that is not working properly. I have restarted the computer, restored from a time period before it did not work, and added it as a safe site in the security section of the system.

I'm at a loss of what it could be.

Are they in any network ?

We all share the same local network. There are 27 of us using it. It is very odd this would happen with just the two sites I use daily. The sites are good but something is wrong with my computer getting to those two sites.

I think you are not connected to the network.

Recheck your network settings and try to access any folder in the network and make sure network is alive from your computer.
Not sure how to check network settings and access folders. I would assume the network is alive because I'm able to go to other websites.
Not internet am talking about the network in which you said 27 people are connected.

I want you to make sure you are in the network. It seems like you are not connected in the network.

I will have to get back with you on that tomorrow. The person who monitors all our computers is not in now (it is 8:40pm) and he will be back tomorrow. I will check to see if he still has me in his system.

Is there a specific question I need to ask him?

Ask him to check whether your computer is there on the network or not. Tell him to reconnect the connection with the network.

I have new information. There are 5 of us who cannot get to the websites i have been trying to get to. My roomates computer is only a few feet from mine and on the same server but he has no problems.

I spoke with the guy who manages our computers on the server. He showed me where we were all on the server and it seems to be fine.

I found out that all 5 of us who cannot get on those sites have not been able to get on for two days. Could it be we are missing some sort of update with our systems? I don't know.

Ask the that computer guy to share folder in the network and you try access it. Let me know if you can access it.

I can access the sites now.

The internet service provider came by and went to: XXXXX XXXXX options, advanced, restore advanced settings.

Thanks for your time.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.