I have installed a new 2wire456 modem/router and have two computers…

Customer Question
I have installed a new...
I have installed a new 2wire456 modem/router and have two computers working fine on the wireless network. When I try to connect to the the 2wire456 from my Iphone I cannot use my setup password XXXXX therefore cannot connect the iphone to the wifi. please help since I will be traveling for the next two weeks.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Sandy, Computer Specialist replied 8 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Specialist
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

Please change your security settings to WEP on the router and then try to connect to Iphone again.

Please connect a cable from modem to the Internet/LAN/WAN port(it will be one separate port) of the router.

Now, connect an ethernet cable from any of the 4 ports(which are located together) of router to the computer.

Open your web browser. Delete everything from the address bar and type in 192.168.1.1 and hit "Enter."

Now it will ask you for username and password

username=keep it blank(do not type in anything in this box)
password=admin

or (if this does not work)

Use "Admin" as the username in the pop-up box and leave the password XXXXX
If this does not work,

Now,

Now, you will see your SSID. This is the name of the network you will see it under available network connections.

Under Wireless, Go to Basic wireless settings, Wireless security

You will find your security settings here. If it is not WEP, please choose WEP. Now, click apply. You can note this down for future reference.

Now, try to connect to IPhone.

If get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work. Please leave positive feedback if the issue is fixed, if not ask me again instead of leaving negative feedback. Bonus would be highly appreciated.
computer will not accept 192.168.1.1 only goes to google search and advises that it is a linksys router. I have an ATT 2wire456 combo router/modem.
Please connect a cable from this device(combo router/modem) to the computer and follow the instructions given above.

Edited by sandy on 6/25/2010 at 3:24 AM EST
The computer is connected as you instructed.
Open your web browser. Delete everything from the address bar(including htttp and www) and type in 192.168.1.1 and hit "Enter."
computer will not open 192.168.1.1
Please try 192.168.0.1
will not accept, goes to google with many articles why this wont work.
Please reset your device and try to connect again.

http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-a-Linksys-Router

If get some help, please hit Accept as this is how I Earn my Living and get paid for my Time, work.
You were of no help.