after using a system recovery cd on my HP Pavillion notebook…

Customer Question
after using a system recovery...
after using a system recovery cd on my HP Pavillion notebook to restore the system to its original factory condition I get this message "failure while setup is in progress"
any idea?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

Id like you to take out the recovery cd's then

shut the computer down.. then start it.. and immdiately start

pressing the F11 key during bootup

then select "Recover PC" from the menu.

let it go through its process.. And after wards.. you should be able to boot
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
I followed your steps then
i get this message:
Software is being installed "when complete, your system may automatically restart. please dont turn off your computer during this process.

it starts installing files then the system reboots before completeling the installation, it tries to restart, I get the Blue screen of death for like 2 seconds then it reboots again
when you did recover pc

did you do a normal recovery?

or an advanced destructive recovery?
i I ordered the recovery CD fron HP, got it yesterday, tired it first yesterday and again today . I poped in the recovery cd , followed the instructions which was telling me that I will loose everything on my computer, etc...I clicked "continue, etc
I meant on the steps i suggested..

when you chose .. recover my pc.. did you do a regular recovery..

or did you click advanced. and do an advanced recovery?>
It doesnt give me the advanced recovery option.....it just gives you one option