How do I connect to the internet I have highspeed DSL with…

Customer Question
How do I connect to...
How do I connect to the internet? I have highspeed DSL with windows 7, but can't connect.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: Kevin, Computer Systems Analyst replied 8 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Computer Systems Analyst

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for giving me the opportunity to help you with your computing question.

What is the brand and model number of your modem and or router?

What have you tried so far and have you received any error messages?

Router: 2wire

Model: 2701HG-B

I have tried a password XXXXX a ID. Nothing seems to work.

Thank you...

There should be a wireless icon on the bottom right corner of your desktop. Click that and a list of wireless networks should come up. The one with the strongest signal is likely yours - click it to connect. You will be asked for a wireless password.

The wireless password/default key should be printed on the bottom of the 2701HG. Enter this key and the connection should be complete.

Here is an image to show where to look:

graphic

Edited by Kevin on 6/25/2010 at 1:11 AM EST
The number that the arror is pointing to is my pass word number. Is it the model number also? Mine is XXXXXXXXXX

The model number should be something different - the password XXXXX be on the bottom and be a combination of 10 random numbers and/or letters. Does yours have that?

Edited by Kevin on 6/25/2010 at 1:29 AM EST