Hello About three years ago I purchased a HP laptop with…

Customer Question
Hello About three years ago...
Hello

About three years ago I purchased a HP laptop with a Lightscribe DVD burner. I installed the software that increases the contrast on the disk. I burned five disks and was very disappointed with the results, which were rather blurry and still light in contrast.

Last week my wife asked for a cusXXXXX XXXXXghtScribe burned disk. I used the same computer and same disk from three years ago. The results were very good. Dark contrast and very clear. I burned a second and third disk and once again, very poor results.

I purchased new DVD disks with no improvement. I purchase a new LightScribe DVD burner with no improvement.

I was able to burn a quality image on a disk a least one time. Therefor I know it is possible.

What is missing or going wrong? How can I duplicate that one successful burn?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Computer
6/25/2010
Tech Support Specialist: tbwhite2040, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 years ago
tbwhite2040
tbwhite2040, Computer Support Specialist

The best thing to do is see if the software that worked the best for you has an update for it. Also check to make sure the new Lightscribe burner has the latest software by going to the website of your Lightscribe drive manufacturer and downloading them.

Try the same type of disc's that worked well the last time. It could be the difference in media that you are using that might make a difference in the two images being clear or distorted.

I downloaded the latest software from the LightScribe website and used the same disks. I am beginning to think the one good disk was a freak occurrence.
Your lightscribe software should have an option to make the contrast darker. The more contrast you have the better it will show up on the disc.
On the LightScribe software that increases the contrast, I selected "Best" which is the top option. Also, that does not account for the blurriness for every other disk I have burned execpt the one good one.
Make sure the image you are burning is not zoomed out because it will make the image blurry when it is lightscribed onto the disc.