Keep getting a message that Internet Explorer cannot display…

Keep getting a message that...
Keep getting a message that Internet Explorer cannot display webpage
6/25/2010
bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist

Thanks for using Just Answer..

Please follow the steps ..

open
Internet explorer -> tools -> internet options ->advanced -> click on Reset ..

Close and reopen the page ..

Check and let me know...

Edited by bineesh on 6/25/2010 at 12:42 AM EST

I get a message after trying to reset that says I must close all other open windows but this one explorer window is the only one that is open and it won't allow a reset.

It says you have close and reopne then alll the affect will happen
so do I need to restart for it to be afective?
I closed out of them all and tried to open Explorer again and got the original message that it can't display the webpage.
Please let me know you have only one browser..

Right now where you accessing internet is it in internet explorer or other one..

Please close all internet explorer pages and reopen ..then only it effective...

I have only one browser. I am commuicating with you from my laptop and it is my desk top that is no working. I closed every page down and reopened Explorer and it gave me the original message again.
In laptop which browser you are using ...

Check the setting on the laptop

Open internet explorer -> tools -> internet options ->connections -> lan settings ->

Cross check with desktop -> make sure both are same..
The proxy server is checked on the desk top but not on my laptop. Should I try unchecking the desk top one?
Uncheck the proxy server ...

This should definitely solve your problem...
bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist
Okay. I unchecked the proxy server and tried to open Explorer. This brought up an Explorer 7 page where I had to select settings. I did this and hit the "save settings" button and got a message that said "settings could not be saved". So I restarted the computer and tried it again and got the same message that it could not save the settings. What should i do now?
Check again the in internet explorer ..settings got changed..or ...

Okay, I couldn't get past the settings being saved error so I just went to the address space and put in my email address and it took me to my email. So looks like my problem for now is corrected. Thank you Bineesh for all your help. I do appreciate it!!!

happy to hear you ..thanks for accepting the answer..

Please leave positive feedback also ...
Feedback coming at you. Thanks!
Thanks and god bless you..